"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 515

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 03fastwagon Catbacks do not increase performance on their own...yet lots of people add them, and I am ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03fastwagon View Post
    Catbacks do not increase performance on their own...yet lots of people add them, and I am of the belief that catbacks do not add peformance unless you are with much larger turbo...my numbers are 280whp 260wtq on a lower reading dyno with stock catback...but hey fart away!
    And if you upgraded to a 3" unit you would push closer to 300whp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    And if you upgraded to a 3" unit you would push closer to 300whp.
    zip it!
    yo dawg for the money for dat I can announce to all the other carz I be arriven in da lot yo.

Wait, so if intertia while in gear keeps a car running since the throttle plate is closed and all, does that mean exhaust comes out my intake and my intake is actually my exhaust when I'm rolling in reverse with no throttle?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post

Wait, so if intertia while in gear keeps a car running since the throttle plate is closed and all, does that mean exhaust comes out my intake and my intake is actually my exhaust when I'm rolling in reverse with no throttle?
    Finally you get it.

You have hung out your car when its being driven by the wheels to see if there is exhaust coming out the tailpipe! Now thats dangerous!

yes it was at about 95mph on a dyno.

a cat back alone adds no power. a turbo back does. most of the wrx's around my area with exhaust have full exhaust. stock exhaust is restrictive. but im getting us off the all important topic of 99% of members being proven wrong about BOVs. please wagon, go on and tell us how the BOV died for our sins but christians couldnt have a savior made of aluminum so they renamed it "jesus".

BOV is needed to release air pressure otherwise your fart can cannot make the maximum amount of noise necessary to make modding cars 100% illegal.

OH man I love my axleback, it's just the ultimate attention getter.

I love pulling into parking spots at 6K rpm, it's so much better than that show off valve that only made pointless noise for a few seconds here and there.

You know what I do to get attention? I swing the turn wide when parking and crash into the car next to me. That really makes this awesome metallic scraping noise! And best of all its free!!! If anyones around they all look at you, its a cool way to say "hey look at the cool wrx over here". IMO anyways...

honestly i dont think i could live without my wrx having a full exhaust, our engines just sound better then almost anything out there. imo.
    2002 WRB WRX- XPT Stage 2 Awaiting 25% more displacement!!

got grip?

You know what I do to get attention? I swing the turn wide when parking and crash into the car next to me. That really makes this awesome metallic scraping noise! And best of all its free!!! If anyones around they all look at you, its a cool way to say "hey look at the cool wrx over here". IMO anyways...
    Go to Nabisco. This website does not need know it all cocky members. There are plenty over there for you to join with. I don't see how you justify coming over here with you forty some posts and try to make people on this board who have thousands of posts sound like idiots. They are smart because they have more experience with wrx's than you ever will.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    You know what sounds ricey to me? Catbacks. Giant 3" pipes which fart around town on mid 14 second wrxs...but hey whatever floats your boat. I guess a psh noise is a lot worse than that constant annoying drone.
    The pssh noise is just hot air escaping from your head In case you missed it the first time http://www.spdusa.com/blow-off_valves.htm
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by scooby2.0t View Post
    honestly i dont think i could live without my wrx having a full exhaust, our engines just sound better then almost anything out there. imo.

i think its the fact that they dont sound like anything else, they are i distinct sound that you easily recognize... no other plain four turbo'd or not has the same growl...
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10
    STILL Hawk Eye Alliance #31
    "your drive should not be to outdo others,but to outdo yourself"

Great thread!

I don't post a lot .

This is my first turbo car so I am learning.

I'm an "older" guy I guess, and I do like the Psst sound.

Plus I thought it made my car faster

But after reading all this, my BOV is coming off!

Thanks guys for the info!

WR

This whole ''CAR SCENE'' is gay. People who try and look cool with there car is gay. When the BOV blows off no one around you thinks your cool. No matter what you do to a WRX it is still ''Rice''. If its not rice then wtf is it? When ppl say: ''Yo dawg i just got my JDM lip in the mail foo". you cant say thats not rice.

I love cars but i hate the people who drive em.
    CGM