"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 512
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i helped my roommate take the intake off on his prev. stock 06 wrx. it sounds nice. u get the ...

i helped my roommate take the intake off on his prev. stock 06 wrx. it sounds nice. u get the turbo spool a tiny bit, then letting off above like 3300 makes it "phhhssssfff". sounds good, easy, doesnt make car go poo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You could buy a set of air horns, and have a switch connected to the clutch. So everytime you shift, well in fact sitting at a red light you will have a hell of a PSSSSSSHHHHH!!!! just really high pitched, but also in a melodious tune!!!

you could get a BOV like the aps dual vent one that both vents to the atmosphere( for the PSHHH sound) and recirculates. 50/50. Its not real good but it is better then venting 100%...

A bov will not hurt your car, just run it. What a bunch of pansies you guys are... Ohh no the teaspoon of air that goes into the motor with the throttle closed will be rich! But yet we all run the accessport which makes our cars run pig **** rich, and don't say anything bad about that...

Quote Originally Posted by 03fastwagon View Post
    A bov will not hurt your car, just run it. What a bunch of pansies you guys are... Ohh no the teaspoon of air that goes into the motor with the throttle closed will be rich! But yet we all run the accessport which makes our cars run pig **** rich, and don't say anything bad about that...
    Your an idoit. Please stop posting
    I vote ban.

I vote that someone who does not have any idea what they are talking about stops posting "facts" Your awesome cobb stage 1 experience must have made you learn so much! Why don't you go get a wideband put on your car to see just how rich cobb makes you run...And why don't you also use it to see just how little a BOV does to your a/f...Everyone needs to stop being a bunch of pantywaists, and start learning before they post that a BOV will hurt your motor...
    Last edited by 03fastwagon; 11-04-2006 at 12:39 PM.

I vote that someone who does not have any idea what they are talking about stops posting "facts" Your awesome cobb stage 1 experience must have made you learn so much! Why don't you go get a wideband put on your car to see just how rich cobb makes you run...And why don't you also use it to see just how little a BOV does to your a/f...Everyone needs to stop being a bunch of pantywaists, and start learning before they post that a BOV will hurt your motor...

yeah cuz hes the only one who says that about bovs. yup, not one other person has ever said anything bad about BOVs...

yea cobb makes it rich, but at least it IMPROVES performance from stock. bov usually result in loss of power. a lot of people have bought them, ran em and felt a loss, and put them up for sale. id say looking at the % of people with wrxs running a bov to those without them, thats a good example. brains over being a "pantywaist". i agree on bannage.

I agree that you are a retard. How do you feel a loss between shifts? Ban someone because they use logic? How about you get the ban for being a bandwagon idiot. And "felt a loss" really isn't a valid way of determining performance. Maybe the engine temp was higher, maybe the humidity went up, maybe there just IS NO PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE FOR BETWEEN SHIFT THROTTLE PLATE CLOSED AIR METERING!!! Why are WRX owners so against a harmless pshh noise?

vote for ban is saracstic way of saying youre just picking fights. why are we retards for telling someone who is asking a question about a part, that everyone agrees hurts the car, and telling them our opinion.

explanation and yet another thread about no bov.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...&highlight=bov
    theres a million threads about this. one after another after another. the question u have to answer, is why would u WANT your car running rich?why? for the pshh sound? just do the silencer delete. its not the coolest thing in the world and certainly not worth hindering the power of your car and burning more gas. how about this. ill put a cobb ap on my car, and u put abov on yours, and well race. since well both be running rich but u have the sound youll win right? god, i dont know how many horses have to get beat for this point to come across without u calling people retards. its bad for the car, it hurts mpg, efficiency, power, and other problems people have had. so why do it? answer that question.

You made a lot of unfounded claims there...yet again no logs on wideband data to back it up. Just like every other BOV argument. I would say off throttle the amount of fuel being pumped into the cylinders is about...zero. So rich lean, who cares? How is that effecting gas milage? How is that making you lose power? How is it making you slower? BOV does not effect mixture when you are on the gas...when mixture actually matters. I am calling people names because there is a whole mis-informed culture in the wrx community that a bov will hurt you car. No it won't if anything a accessport super rich tune will hurt your car, but no one complains about that...

You made a lot of unfounded claims there...yet again no logs on wideband data to back it up. Just like every other BOV argument. I would say off throttle the amount of fuel being pumped into the cylinders is about...zero. So rich lean, who cares? How is that effecting gas milage? How is that making you lose power? How is it making you slower? BOV does not effect mixture when you are on the gas...when mixture actually matters. I am calling people names because there is a whole mis-informed culture in the wrx community that a bov will hurt you car. No it won't if anything a accessport super rich tune will hurt your car, but no one complains about that...

Plusses: More quickly fouled plugs, pointless noise, dirtier rear bumper, fireballs (OMGz Dawg!!), potential damage to the cats if you still have them.

But I guess it does allow you to announce to all the other 16 second cars that you've arrived as you pull into your 'spots' parking lot and proceed to make the woosh(zomg!!!) noise 30 times while finding a spot.

Get a kazoo or a ****ing air horn, they are cheaper and guaranteed not to cause you any problems. You'll look just as stupid. It's about the same as adding neons to your car, pointless and an attention getter. Goes great with NOS stickers!

As for wideband AFR data, it's a MAF based system. You're taking air out that it's expecting & compensating for with fuel. What do you think it's going to get leaner? It doesn't take a datalog to prove this, just knowledge on how a MAF based system works.

Yes MAF works great when there is actually airflow through the motor...throttle plate closed, there is no consequence. Still no proof except your opinion you don't like the sound.

Yes MAF works great when there is actually airflow through the motor...throttle plate closed, there is no consequence. Still no proof except your opinion you don't like the sound.

Oh so the throttle plate is closed so it doesn't matter that the airs not going into the motor. hmm the fuel still is, that would explain the rich condition seen by everyone.

thanks for supporting my argument, and common knowledge on how a maf based system works.

WOOSH !

This thread deserves a
    CGM

sunami turbo FTW

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.