"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 511
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; thank you... i swear I'm been reading on here like crazy; i've been written up at work already cause i'll ...

in all honestly... i should do a search...

thank you... i swear I'm been reading on here like crazy; i've been written up at work already cause i'll ignore customer customer because i'm on here reading. I probably just missed that part about the flow being messed up. Thank you though for the correction. My friend was argueing with me about putting a BOV on my car. I said no he says yes; but he drives civics and such.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alright, looks like no BOV sound for me! .. now if you don't mind, can you explain how it messes up your car? im just asking cuz i wana learn (what is an a/f ratio?) is it really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by hellseeker View Post
    Hello, im new here, ive been reading around the forums a bit and noticed alot of people say BOVs are bad. i plan on getting a wrx this summer. my understanding is that BOVs r required by turbos to release pressure so the wrx must have a BOV i want to know if the BOV makes a noticable sound and if not, how hard would it be to switch it out for one that is a little louder. i must have that "pshht" sound when i shift!
    sorry if any of this dosent make sence, but i figured now is as good a time as any to start learning about these things
    Its pretty obviouse that you did not read anything. BOVs are bad and dumb. Go rice out some civic instead.

Quote Originally Posted by juanes287 View Post
    Its pretty obviouse that you did not read anything. BOVs are bad and dumb. Go rice out some civic instead.
    easy there... i had no idea.. can you explain why instead of just saying they are bad.. or point me in the right direction so i can do some reading?
    thanx

alright, looks like no BOV sound for me! .. now if you don't mind, can you explain how it messes up your car? im just asking cuz i wana learn (what is an a/f ratio?) is it really that bad?
    http://google.com

Basically everytime you let of the gas and the valve opens its venting air from the intake into the atmosphere. The car thinks its going to still be gettint that air so it pumps out the fuel anyway. When the air doesn't show up you get a rich condition. (high fuel to air ratio).
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

it releases air that was metered by the ECU out of the system. The computer thinks there's more air in the system than there really is, and fuels accordingly. The stock valve dumps this air back into the intake avoiding this.

aftermarket BOV's also have higher stick/fail rates which is very bad. The stock valve is a "sprung valve" type mechanism. aftermarket valves are "moving piston" type mechanism. more moving parts = more opportunities to fail.

the BOV propaganda is right - your car DOES need a BOV to release turbo pressure between shifts - and that's why your car ALREADY HAS ONE.

all this information can be found in about 30,000 threads by searching.
    Last edited by blarg; 11-03-2006 at 12:46 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Basically everytime you let of the gas and the valve opens its venting air from the intake into the atmosphere. The car thinks its going to still be gettint that air so it pumps out the fuel anyway. When the air doesn't show up you get a rich condition. (high fuel to air ratio).
    i think i get it, thanks for the help, ill be reading up on this later. any other mods than can be done that won't damage the car? something that will make it sound more unique, if not how about some performance mods that wont be too hard or expensive to install.
    anyone got any other sites where i can learn about wrx's?
    Last edited by hellseeker; 11-03-2006 at 12:54 PM.

You know when I think about it. I think my first thread was an intake question.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    You know when I think about it. I think my first thread was an intake question.
    mine was regarding a BOV.

but back then that was a ligitimate question and the jury was still out on the results.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    mine was regarding a BOV.

but back then that was a ligitimate question and the jury was still out on the results.
    lol.. k so i dont feel as bad for asking stupid questions .. i think

lol.. k so i dont feel as bad for asking stupid questions .. i think
    well you SHOULD. I asked that question back in 2001, when the elders of clubwrx were still young and figuring out the answers to these questions.
    go f*** yourself

i was wondering about price...

my first question i asked was about price on a used wrx... it was to speedette i remember cause she be a hottie! haha. I went brand new though... 15K for a used 2002 with mods that were put back to stock and no history on any of the services done to the car... plus the guy didn't know his front end was repainted... no bueno at all. Sorry about being off topic.

I think my second post was some policital/hamo/NWS rant calling Zoop's homosexuality into question.
    go f*** yourself

i think i get it, thanks for the help, ill be reading up on this later. any other mods than can be done that won't damage the car? something that will make it sound more unique, if not how about some performance mods that wont be too hard or expensive to install.
    anyone got any other sites where i can learn about wrx's?
    If you want to hear the turbo more, while being safe, look up the silencer delete modification, its free. It's not super loud, and I'm not sure if the car next to you will hear it, but it sounds sweet in the drivers seat.
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.