"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 51
Page 51 of 788 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151551 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when I first installed my BOV my girlfriend said it sounds like the car is farting...

when I first installed my BOV my girlfriend said it sounds like the car is farting
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Retard Bus?

What happened to the retard bus?

I don't know. Maybe the website that I got it from took it off of their server
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

How about attaching a big leaf blower to the intake of your NA car as a makeshift turbo charger.

{Wait a minute! I just remembered that I tried this on my NA MR2 one night when I was bored. Unfortunately my DC to AC converter was not powerful enough to deliver the 1000w that the "turbo" needed.}
    Never Mind.

Dale

can a blow off affect your gas milage?

I've noticed that my gas milage has been getting worse over the course of time since i installed the hks super sequential blow off.... do you think this is cause of the problem? I've heard that a blow off can make the fuel run rich or lean at times. Also, is the hks blow off that was designed for the wrx adjustable?? I now realize that since i installed it, it has caused a lack in performance.
    thanks

a 100% atm. valve will cause your motor to run rough at certain times. as for milage and performance....it shouldn't really affect milage. you're probably just hitting the gas harder than you did before to hear the valve pop. the 100% atm. valve will cause you to run a little rich, but the rich condition isn't really from too much fuel, its from not enough air....remember that the ecu pumps enough fuel to burn the air it THINKS is in the intake...so its still the same amount it would pump if you didn't dump your air.

as for performance...if you're losing any its probably due to the motor roughness. a BOV neither adds or subtracts HP...the aftermarket valve does exactly the same thing as the stock one...just a little faster.

i use a 50/50 valve and I've seen absolutely no change in milage and no idle or running lean problems. as for benefits, I feel a reduction in turbo lag, but its not really noticable. there are far more dramatic changes you can make to performance than a BOV.
    go f*** yourself

Yeah, the HKS is a full vent valve. It causes your engine to bog down when shifting at low rpms ( below 3500 ). It shouldn't affect your gas mileage. Give the ECU sometime to adapt to the valve, then the engine should run smoother. I used to have a Blitz BOV, but I traded it for a new GFB so I can set it to 50/50. No problems with the GFB. I do kinda miss the loudness with the blitz. GFB only loud at high boost and rpm.

God
    No it will not affect mileage. It MAY however, affect it if there is a leak somewhere in the flange or it is not closing properly.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

is there any way to set my hks to 50/50? that seems like the popular thing to do

i've heard of a "recirc" kit for some valves you can buy seperately, but they may be 100% recirc...you'd probably have to relocate your BOV somwhere else because the space is to tight you probably won't be able to fit any additional tubes in there.
    go f*** yourself

I've said this on a different thread...why would you want the recirc kit? Installing the BOV is a simple task from what I've read on this forum. You can switch between the HKS and your stock depending on your needs. If you get the recirc kit for the HKS BOV you're just paying $250 plus the recirc kit for something that the stock BOV will do. Correct me if I'm wrong here guys. This is just my take on the issue. I want an HKS SSQV BOV really bad regardless of what any body says about running rich and blah blah blah. It's all about the sound for me
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

God
    I agree. I run full atmospheric with absolutely no issues. No sense in spending a bunch of money on something that won't do anything anyway.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Unhappy How Do U Install Gfb Bov?????

i got a GFB BOV. but i didnt get the directions. now i dont know how to install it. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE HELP ME IF U KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT INSTALLING THIS THING. its just sitting in my glove box. also please tell me how to put it from 50/50 to 100% atmosphere. THANKS IN ADVANCE

the stock BOV is mounted on the intercooler. unbolt the two bolts that secure it to the intercooler. there is a gasket located at the interface of the two parts. be careful not to lose it or tare it. disconnect the return outlet hose. the hose clamp losens by squeezing the ends together. disconnect the vacuum hose. it's the small one at the top. pulls off.
    the gfb bov comes with some hardware to allow for the set up of 50/50. you will need to install this to the return outlet of the BOV. it is currently capped. I don't remember all the stuff right now so someone else can chime in or you can try and figure it out.
    install the new BOV the same way you removed the old one. you may need to reroute the vacuum line as it will be oriented to come in from the opposite direction. (I re oriented the vacuum port on my BOV). use the 50/ 50 arrangement your car will run better that way..... but that's another thread.
    -Jazz
    Silver Wagon- Rally Tarmac

UTEC stage 1, MRT Up pipe, GFB pulley kit, Samco IC hoses, GFB BOV, GReddy boost gauge

Prodrive P1, Tein wagon coilovers, MRT strut tops, Cusco front and rear anti sway bars, Cusco strut tower stiffener, MRT end link front, STI lateral links and trailing arms pillow ball type.

Factory painted side skirts

Great synopsis of the install. I did have an easier time pulling my intercooler off to get that BOV return hose clamp back on for the 50/50 setup though.

I think it's doable otherwise, but being an ex-professional mechanic I'm more than happy to tear off other parts to make my life easier instead of struggling to get things done with minimal space.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'