"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 506
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got a vf34 660injectors tunede and i tried to put my stocker back on and when i shift i ...

i got a vf34 660injectors tunede and i tried to put my stocker back on and when i shift i makes a bubble noise.it sounds like farting in the bathtub!is 18psi to much for it??it doesnt make that noise with a bov?dont mean to hijack but sounds like a good place to ask. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv
    i got a vf34 660injectors tunede and i tried to put my stocker back on and when i shift i makes a bubble noise.it sounds like farting in the bathtub!is 18psi to much for it??it doesnt make that noise with a bov?dont mean to hijack but sounds like a good place to ask. thanks
    There is a couple of mods you can do to the stocker to get it to hold more boost.You can cruch the top alittle in a vise (DSM method) or you can do this one
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

actually when i first came here I read a few threads and found the people just like him getting flamed for "stupid questions" and i decided to take a few weeks and just read stuff...and search common threads out....people comment on things like that because they are tired of telling people to use the search tool. :/

I usually try and help everyone to the best of my knowledge but thats just me :x

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyrab
    i was very upset with myself after i found this site, im sorry to say but the first 2 mods to my car were a txs bov and a k&n cai, i know, im happy to say though, since after finding this site, i have happily taken both of these off my car, i would just like to take the time right now to influence others to not buy a bov for their wrx, i immediately felt a difference in idle and shift smoothness once removed, not to mention i wasnt backfiring after every shift, so if u were thinking of buying a bov, DON'T, instead put the money towards a nice tbe or maybe an ap, trust someone who has already had one, that wonderful noise does get old after a while
    +1
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

This post should be stickied for all the newbs or link into some FAQ thread. I too learned about not doing BOVs and intakes here before I even purchased my WRX. Coming from the honda world and having a friend with a GST who knew that stuff was bad for a WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXSleeper
    This post should be stickied for all the newbs or link into some FAQ thread. I too learned about not doing BOVs and intakes here before I even purchased my WRX. Coming from the honda world and having a friend with a GST who knew that stuff was bad for a WRX.
    How about - they need to retype the first entry before they are allowed to post?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv
    FWIW - my vf34 runs 17.5 but was spiking up to 20 for a while due to the wrong restrictor pill (had kept the one from the vf34, needed the one from the stocker), I never heard any noise that sounded like what you are describing.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a HKS SS bov !! yah for me !!

oohh... wait - wrong thread
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Help w/ Greddy Type S BOV..

Bought this car and my Greddy Type S is Recirculated, I wanna keep this BOV but I want it atmospheric..I Disconnected the Recirculate Pipe from the BOV but Im still not getting that "whistle" noise from my BOV, I've tried adjusting it, Do I need to cap off the Recirulated Pipe once disconnected from the BOV?..

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Greddy Type S BOV
    COBB Access Port
    Helix DP w/ 3" Custom Exhaust.
    STI Wing

voz
    never liked that stupid noise anyways!

Help?
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Greddy Type S BOV
    COBB Access Port
    Helix DP w/ 3" Custom Exhaust.
    STI Wing

ya you have to cap off that pipe, or just take it out and cap the hose... your car is probably running like crap right now if you didnt cap it
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

ya you have to cap off that pipe, or just take it out and cap the hose... your car is probably running like crap if running at all, right now if you didnt cap it
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

yes you do have to plug the pipe from the intake if you are going to blow off to the atmosphere. hey since you're not using your piping anymore, would you be interested in selling it?

do you know everything that is done to that car? I can see that your running a cai and no heat shield on your turbo, hopefully it was protuned. You have to plug the recirculating pipe or your car will probably run lean because its ingesting more air than the maf is metering
    05 silver sti

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.