"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 504

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my car came with a really cheap BOV... and its pretty much awful..... but i don't have a recirc valve ...

my car came with a really cheap BOV... and its pretty much awful..... but i don't have a recirc valve to replace it.. so if you're gonna buy one.. the ssqv is actually one of the best ones you can buy... i have a couple buddies with dsms that use them, and it doesn't hurt anything.. but its mostly for the sound,.. alot of the cheaper ones leak, and don't have any purpose beside making you run richer.. so if you like one, i'd say buy it, but make sure its not a cheap, badly manufactured one.. i know mine leaks..
    03 WRX - daily driver
    91 teg - needs a trans, the current one is soup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

negative, the APS 50/50 recirc valve is the absolute best aftermarket bov hybrid on the market. It recircs 50 percent into the system again and blows off 50 percent to atmosphere...its the safest for our cars due to this. You can get this part from rallysportdirect.com or pretty much any tuner site dedicated to subarus.

Its also completly tune friendly...it doesnt have to be 50/50...i believe you can make it any ratio you want...60/40 perhaps...depends on your setup and needs.

Over the weekend, I bought the Apexi Twin chamber adjustable BOV...i believe it is 100% atmospheric...will this one be bad for my suby?

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Touge Daimao
    Over the weekend, I bought the Apexi Twin chamber adjustable BOV...i believe it is 100% atmospheric...will this one be bad for my suby?
    Yes. Did you not read the links I posted and the advice everyone gave you? Why bother asking a question if you're just gonna do it anyway?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

let us know when your 4th cylinder goes out, or when you put on an intake without a tune and lean out
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by spyder8
    i forgot about that.......take out the seatbelts, airbags, and brakes it might save you a whole 10-15 lbs
    Once you take out the airbags, and brakes...attach the airbags to the trunk- they double as a parachute
    '06 wrx wr-blue

BOV increases 40 hp at idle! imagine the gain at 10k rpms!

did anyone else read the title and say to themselves "O man this poor kid"

I actually didn't buy them myself...my kind brother picked them up cause I had mentioned to him a week ago that i was trying to decide what to do. I had changed my mind about the upgrade since you all gave me the great advice. I hope i didn't offend any of you, i really do appreciate all of your kind advice and helpful guidence. Thank you all...really!

Quote Originally Posted by whitakerSTi
    negative, the APS 50/50 recirc valve is the absolute best aftermarket bov hybrid on the market. It recircs 50 percent into the system again and blows off 50 percent to atmosphere...its the safest for our cars due to this. You can get this part from rallysportdirect.com or pretty much any tuner site dedicated to subarus.

Its also completly tune friendly...it doesnt have to be 50/50...i believe you can make it any ratio you want...60/40 perhaps...depends on your setup and needs.
    I am thinking of eventually getting the VF34 Turbo kit and I am wondering if this APS 50/50 will still be ok. Do i really need a BOV? Isn't the stock one good enough for the small boost upgrade? Oh, and what is an ssqv..or something

Quote Originally Posted by Poekin
    did anyone else read the title and say to themselves "O man this poor kid"
    +765876969860879
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

sorry bro but you need to listen to the people that are talking to you in this thread

1. Search and you will find

2. Notice how EVERYONE is telling you that the STOCK BPV will work to 20PSi.

3. APS will be fine with a tune and big turbo, if you decide to go over 20 psi

IBTL

i think we need a
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

my stocker is working great at 22+ now thats not to say everyones can do this, but +1 for stock
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

Quote Originally Posted by Cuztom15
    my stocker is working great at 22+ now thats not to say everyones can do this, but +1 for stock
    i know that somewhere either on here or nasioc you can mod the stock one for 25PSi for stocker
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

well ive mentioned it before and ive done it. You get a digital caliper and crush the BOV one mm i believe 75mm is stock, crush it in a vice to 74 and you should be golden.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17