"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 503

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i had a hks bov on my stage 2 wrx, and i had no problems with it.... do u ever ...

i had a hks bov on my stage 2 wrx, and i had no problems with it.... do u ever wonder that the reason people have problems with it is because they some how dont install it right? i dont know to each his own....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by armysti
    i had a hks bov on my stage 2 wrx, and i had no problems with it.... do u ever wonder that the reason people have problems with it is because they some how dont install it right? i dont know to each his own....
    Theres also diffrent sized ones. Some put a BOV on a car not knowing how much PSi the car is pushing. The UNIVERSAL BOV's is where I can see there being a problem aswell, in this case adding spacers and stonger springs to the BOV is needed to work well with the car all round, and this is where things go wrong alot.
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

There's a simple answer to his question without all the bov bashing. The older model hks ssqv had a adj screw on the back, that really didn't adj. The new models don't have a adj on them,believe me i had both no difference in the two.

BOV for stock 06 wrx

do i need a bov for a stock wrx? i dont drive it hard on the street but i do bracket race it at the drag strip. i come out of the hole walking it out at about 2 grand (2.0) 60 foot, and shift at 5500 rpm the rest of the way down the track for a 14.3 et at about 96 mph. since im doing this to the car do i need a bov? let me know...thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    No.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I'd say you definately need a BOV...and probably a CAI if you are bracket racing it at those times. The BOV would work best with a MBC (manual boost controller), but a BOV and CAI is fine at this point. In order of mods you need from most important down it would be: 1. BOV 2. CAI 3. MBC......glad I could help!
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    I'd say you definately need a BOV...and probably a CAI if you are bracket racing it at those times. The BOV would work best with a MBC (manual boost controller), but a BOV and CAI is fine at this point. In order of mods you need from most important down it would be: 1. BOV 2. CAI 3. MBC......glad I could help!
    That was harsh, but it was a good point. Try to do a search before you post a thread. There are lots of threads that talk about how bad all of the mods mentioned above are. BTW a blowoff valve makes you engine run rich between shifts, and can lead to a crappy idle. There is no performance advantage of a blow off valve as opposed to the stock by pass valve
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

yes don't listen to these people! BOV are the shizzle! the rich conditions they create between shifts give you an extra 40hp at least! and that hissing sound every time you shift is even better!!!

waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pppttttssssssssst wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pptttssssst wahhhhhhhh!

11 second car, get a K&N cold air intake, they are the best out there, and manual boost controler and then you'll be beating everythign on the street.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

you guys are such asses
    no, i'm not drunk, ociffer.
    i've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by dvsdimsum

you guys are such asses
    +1 be nice!
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg

rich means more fuel! MORE FUEL = MORE POWER!!! FTW
    '06 wrx wr-blue

You totally have to get a BOV to be faster. The bigger the BOV, the faster. Then you can be as fast as the Fast and the Furious cars!
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

u forgot the naaaaaaaawwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, just dont press your little red button too early or every1 will say "to soon junior"
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    *goes outside to look for chipmunk lodged in downpipe*
    god invented turbolag to give v-8s a chance

don't forget weight reduction
    “You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.”

Quote Originally Posted by DubURX55
    don't forget weight reduction

i forgot about that.......take out the seatbelts, airbags, and brakes it might save you a whole 10-15 lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    *goes outside to look for chipmunk lodged in downpipe*
    god invented turbolag to give v-8s a chance