"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 498
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah but that map is not adjusting for the BOV. With or without the BOV, I would recommend OTS maps ...

Yeah but that map is not adjusting for the BOV.

With or without the BOV, I would recommend OTS maps higher than Stage 2 for getting the car running only.

Once you make it past stage2 you really need to bre protuned and since you have a BOV instead of the stock BPV, your car needs to be adjusted to work properly with it.
    Car-less

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you dont think that a recirculing bov will work. If so what is a good one to get.
    My Mods: Cobb Access Port, VF34 turbo, STI fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Perrin Turbo back exhaust, Perrin fuel rails, Tein S-tech springs, AGX Adjustable Struts, 17" RS-GT rims.

I think that the best choice would be the stock BPV.

But I also think you should get a protune no matter what.
    Car-less

Stock BPV....
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

what level boost are you running? the stock bpv is good to about 20psi and if your running more than that w/o a protune your dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    *goes outside to look for chipmunk lodged in downpipe*
    god invented turbolag to give v-8s a chance

where can i pick up a stock bpv?
    My Mods: Cobb Access Port, VF34 turbo, STI fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Perrin Turbo back exhaust, Perrin fuel rails, Tein S-tech springs, AGX Adjustable Struts, 17" RS-GT rims.

Subaruparts.com did you part out your old one or something?
    2005 CGM STi

Well i gave some of the lines to a friend in need.

Here we go...Forge BOV Review

Before you guys go right to the "reply" button saying things like "BOV's suck, BPV are sufficient, etc" I want you guys to read this review. There are plenty of people running 100% atmos BOV's with no problems, thing is we only hear about the horror stories.

I've had my WRX for over a year and half with the mindset that BOV's are one of the worst things you can do to your car. This was until I came across an offer I couldn't let down. I figured I would try it for myself, and if I didn't like it, I would sell it. It was a used 100% atmosphere Forge Blow-Off Valve. I tried convincing myself that it wasn't worth spending the time and money on a thing I knew would not benifit me in any way except for the noise. Regardless, I was beginning to lose the love and excitement for my car. (I was thinking about going back to stock). I needed something that would bring back that smile on my face at a reasonable price. I figured, heck lets try it out and see if I get screwed like everyone else! Now I've searched and even pmed a few people who had this BOV and all of the stories weren't exactly pretty. Owners faced surging problems, or leaks and nobody knew exactly what kind of spring to use. However, people did say that Forge was one of the better BOV's to get for your car. With all this, I had the mindset of trial and error.

Three days later the BOV was installed on my car in less than 10 minutes. All the hoses were connected, the bolts were secured and I closed the hood ready to take it for a test drive. I floored the car outside of my neighborhood and sure enough it made the infamous (pshhh) noise. I drove it a bit more and didn't encounter any problems. No stumbling, stalling, surging, or even fluttering. I couldn't see the difference in driveablitiy nor could I sense any change in how my car acted. I'm running the Yellow spring right now at Stage 2. I figure I would run this setup for about a week and maybe replace the spring the next just to see if there is any difference.

On a scale of 1-10, I would give the Forge a 8. The only reason is because I'm not fully confident that this thing won't kill my car, plus my valve closes when people are telling me it should be closing at idle.

I created a short video of the BOV for anyone who would like to hear/see it.

Pros: Noise, Bling, Price!
    Cons: Still have a worried mindset that something bad might happen.

05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo9339
    Still have a worried mindset that something bad might happen.
    Enjoy your paranoia.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Enjoy your paranoia.
    It'll die down....hopefully
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

And always remember, even if you car feels like it's running fine, it doesn't mean that it isn't running rich between shifts. Unless you're belching flames out of your exhaust, it's not one of those things that you can just tell "oh man, she's really running rich between shifts today, this sucks" when you get and start driving.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Either a recirculating valve or a stock bpv! the stocker cannot be be on the vf34 setup!

I dont know if it was just the video or what, but it sounded really quiet to me.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

yeah it looks like it should close a little faster.
    Sold the WRX bought a '06 Evo IX MR and sorry to say never looked back

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.