"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 497
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im posting on a forum, not writing a book . Do you think that losing the screw and the spring ...

Im posting on a forum, not writing a book . Do you think that losing the screw and the spring being too tight would somehow be a my bov leak? ie the spooling sound from my BOV? the sound comes out my hoodscoop, not from where my turbo is tho.
    i really just dont know which one to buy i know the td04 spools fast but a lil less whp than the GT40R... Hmmm i really just don't know, I'm afarid the td04 will break my tranny so i think i'll just go with the 40r.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's very possible that you have a boost leak especially if you have no bolt for the BOV.

The BOV shouldn't make it's noise until shifts.
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by bdpAKAknox
    Bring it on champ.
    you kinda seemed like a cool guy in some other posts ive read. You had no reason to even post... If you think you have something to prove, do it elsewhere where people can see you face to face...Im not going to go back and forth with you. I'm trying to fix my car man. Grow up.

On a side note, your paintball pics were awesome...im going this sunday to Fields of Fury off the 14 freeway, its a little bit far for you but its an awesome field. Working at a field would be so much fun, if you didnt have to work all day. I have a tipman 98 custom..its nothing special but its all fixed up and shoots straight so im happy. I go about once a month but im prob gonna go more now since i bought a remote last week.

Last time i played a private game w/ 4 vs 16 and i was on the 4 side. (we came with our own gear and they had rentals) We actully won because the field was a "vietnam" field with crazy spots to hide in.

Well...you can talk about paintball, or keep talking sh*t...its really up to you. No hard feelings.
    i really just dont know which one to buy i know the td04 spools fast but a lil less whp than the GT40R... Hmmm i really just don't know, I'm afarid the td04 will break my tranny so i think i'll just go with the 40r.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66
    It's very possible that you have a boost leak especially if you have no bolt for the BOV.

The BOV shouldn't make it's noise until shifts.
    I ended up buying the same size bolt from homedepot, but maybe i have it too tight? I was even thinking about upping the boost with a MBC just to see if it works w/ higher boost, but prob wont do that til EM. Thanks for actully helping me btw

sounds good!

hmmm spooling sound?
    Sounds like you have a boost leak.
    Are you trying to break your turbo?
    Your blow off valve is probably leaking.
    Causing your turbo to "over spool" just to "try" to get the boost at normal levels.
    11.5 psi is not even stock
    Blow off valve doesn't affect boost / noise in anyway except when you let off the gas.
    This is my observation.
    Somebody correct me if this doesn't sound logical.

PS I also recommend.
    Do an up pipe mod for boost sound.
    Fix you boost leak before you roast your turbo bearings.
    If you must get a blow off valve, get something like this.
    http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wrx/blow.htm
    Put the stock airbox back in.

and good luck

Blitz BOV on Summit...

Check out this review of a Blitz blow-off valve on Summit Racing, advertising at work i guess then again, maybe i'm wrong and Blitz is showing me the way

Increase your vehicle's performance.
    These Blitz blow-off valves will increase the performance, response, and life of your turbo. They relieve the compressed air that is forced back into your turbo, which causes a surge or backspin. Repetitive occurrence of turbo surge can damage the turbo and cause it to fail. Their unique design allows more compressed air to release, resulting in that deep swoosh sound you're looking for. These valves also feature high-quality polished aluminum to ensure durability and performance.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

I Support ClubWRX
    They have the important part right....

resulting in that deep swoosh sound you're looking for

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 68sprintb
    Check out this review of a Blitz blow-off valve on Summit Racing, advertising at work i guess then again, maybe i'm wrong and Blitz is showing me the way

You already have the BPV, which has the same function, just in the correct manner for your car.

Blitz is just showing you the way to make noises and foul up your plugs.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well, you know on some cars that's probably the truth. Just because it doesn't apply to our cars doesn't mean it won't apply to others. It's probably just a generic description they put for each model version.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

take off the BOV, see if it still has the problem.

if your BOV is leaking, you will know because your car will stumble and not run right. my RFL started leaking.

check that all your hoses are connected to the right spots.

maybe go to a shop that has knowledge with subarus and have them check. isnt gruppe-s in socal? i know there at least 5 shops you can probly go to.

Really quick BOV question

I upgraded my turbo from stock WRX to a VF34 turbo, and the car runs lite crap. What is the best bov that I should get to run with this set up. I dont have the stock one ne more so I need to get a new one. I have the HKS SS on there now.
    My Mods: Cobb Access Port, VF34 turbo, STI fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Perrin Turbo back exhaust, Perrin fuel rails, Tein S-tech springs, AGX Adjustable Struts, 17" RS-GT rims.

Do you have any engine management?

Did you upgrade your fuel pump or injectors?

The car is probably running the like crap because you didn't get it tuned for the new setup.

I have heard that the HKS is a good BOV but it won't help anything without a tune.

EDIT: I see in your signature that you do have the things I asked about. You need a custom tune to smooth out your setup and make the car run well.
    Car-less

Custom tune is good advice......You could always find a stock recirculating valve either on here or on e-bay for cheap. That would probably take care of half the problem, if not all of it.
    I drive a WRX and work for Harley-Davidson .

Blobeye Syndicate #42
    GO CUBBIES!!!
    '05 CGM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I love chowder. Cuz it rhymes with powder.

I have the access port with the vf34 map installed. but, i dont have a custom tune.
    My Mods: Cobb Access Port, VF34 turbo, STI fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Perrin Turbo back exhaust, Perrin fuel rails, Tein S-tech springs, AGX Adjustable Struts, 17" RS-GT rims.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.