"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 49
Page 49 of 788 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149549 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The Forge BOV's are really nice too. Also the HKS SSQV and GFB have the option of being 50% recirculating ...

The Forge BOV's are really nice too. Also the HKS SSQV and GFB have the option of being 50% recirculating BOV.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When ever I do AutoX I use my GFB BOV set at 50/50. During normal driving I put the stocker back on. Stocker is better for day to day driving. But If you want a not too loud noise get the GFB, best one IMO.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Curious, how much louder is the GFB BOV at 50/50 vs. stock? Or the APS one while we're at it?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

TurboXS H

Can anyone describe the noise difference between a TurboXS type H and a GFB Hybrid?

Which is quieter?

I have been eyeing the forge BOV myself (sorry guys, this is my 1st turbo, I just want the noise ). I see that they have a recirculating and a vent to atmosphere model. I assume the recirculating model works just like the stock BOV? Also, has anyone heard one of these. Would the forge recirc valve be really quiet? I'd like to have some of the sound, but dont really want to screw with my car that much. Also, anyone know how easy the forge is to install? Thanks in advance, I'm still a newbie to the rex.

http://www.rallyperformance.com/engi...20dump%20valve
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Re: TurboXS H

Originally posted by jutus
    Can anyone describe the noise difference between a TurboXS type H and a GFB Hybrid?

Which is quieter?
    GFB is quieter than the type H , but both are good. Under full boost though the GFB is loud, but unnoticable in normal driving. If you just want a good loud BOV for noise get a TXS rfl. You'll definately get attention. I can post a clip of a GFB BOV if someone will host it for me.

~Octavio

Installing Blitz DD BOV...

Hey guys, I just bought a Blitz blow off valve. Too bad the instructions are in Japanese. Has anyone installed one on their car? I looked at some of the pics in the instruction manual, and it looks like they enlarged or cut some of the holes in that tube by the intercooler. Also, how tight is the spring when you first install it? Did it need any tightening? Thanks in advance.

Registered User Oo DaRk StAr oO's Avatar
    send me the clip and ill host.

oodarkstaroo@aol.com
    BRS Autodesign | Sportmax Racing | Falken Tyres | Seibon | C2 Power
    http://www.socalspyders.com/gallery/files/1/sig.jpg
    2001 Toyota MR2-S | So Cal Spyders | Car Domain Site

does aftermarket BOV help performance?

pretty much see topic, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

to put it simply...no.

It depends on the level of your mods and how much boost you're running. But unless you upgrade the turbo, or the intercooler the stock one is fine on the wrx, performance wise anyway.
    autobahn storming scooby

There is a dump truck full of info about this on the site. A search for "BOV" or "blow off valve" would get you something like this:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...&highlight=bov

blow-off question

etc, etc, etc. I know these threads aren't exactly what you're looking for, but I can't do everything for ya.

Jay

I'll never understand the obsession with those things...

jb

MBC

I'm thinking of getting an MBC for my WRX, and I have a few questions regarding it...
    First and foremost, a boost gauge. Any suggestions on brands and/or pods? I've been looking around, but nothing in particular has stood out to me.
    Next...after reading this thread, I decided I still want to turn up my boost, but I'm not really sure how high to set it. I don't have any mods on my car (yet), due to financial reasons...and being a freakin college student.
    Soooo, any advice is more than welcome

Thanks,
    Isaac

ps--nice to see a few people from stl around here. almost makes me feel like i'm home.
    "You're Arthur Dent? THE Arthur Dent?"

I Support ClubWRX

Re: MBC

Originally posted by DawnsRyoWRX
    I'm thinking of getting an MBC for my WRX, and I have a few questions regarding it...
    First and foremost, a boost gauge. Any suggestions on brands and/or pods? I've been looking around, but nothing in particular has stood out to me.
    Next...after reading this thread, I decided I still want to turn up my boost, but I'm not really sure how high to set it. I don't have any mods on my car (yet), due to financial reasons...and being a freakin college student.
    Soooo, any advice is more than welcome

Thanks,
    Isaac

ps--nice to see a few people from stl around here. almost makes me feel like i'm home.
    I have been using my boost gauge that is built into my Blitz DC Turbo Timer and thank myself time and time again for buying this. The gauge is digital and really easy to read. I do not know how accurate it is, but it is much easier for ME to use than a manual/analog gauge.

First of all, the Turbo Timer has a setting to warn you if you over boost. You can set the boost warning to whatever desired boost you want. But as soon as you hear it beep at you, you know you have overboosted. It has saved my motor a few times.

There is also a feature that you can play with in order to set your MBC up. There is a setting where you can build up boost and the Turbo Timer will tell you exactly what the maximum boost you have ran. I set my MBC in third gear. So I zero the gauge, Go through the gears, get to third in WOT and watch to see what my max boost was. If it is too low. Pull over, pop the hood, increase boost, get back in and try again.

All in all it is your choice. I love my boost gauge.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Thanks much Kurlee. I'll seriously consider doing that...it sounds good, and it sounds like what I need.
    Where did you get yours, and for how much...if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks!

Isaac
    "You're Arthur Dent? THE Arthur Dent?"