"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 481

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; yes you should be able to w/o needing a retune.... nice engine bay......

yes you should be able to w/o needing a retune....

nice engine bay...
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why thank you. You always seem to be the one helping me with my issues. Will it matter how Hard or Soft I adjust the valve when I reroute it? Or should I leave it where it is since it seems to be in the right position now. Since you've been the one to answer just about every question I have had so far, I have a Kaminari front lip unpainted lying in the garage, let me know if you want it, pay for shipping, and it's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by cdogg240
    why thank you. You always seem to be the one helping me with my issues..
    yeah testes1010 is usually always on the money when it comes to engine stuff. he's helped me a few times

+1 on your engine bay. what kind of FMIC are you running?

It's a ridiculousy large Perrin. I don't want y'all to give me a big head though cause I bought this car with most of the things on it. I do look forward to making it my own though. The owner before me I am guessing bought these things on an appearance basis. I like a little more function out of things so I have been writing lists up to help the car out. With y'all's support when I need advice this car will be one mean machine soon.

trust me there is a lot you can learn from this forum. just be sure to search before you post. many noobs to seem to understand the concept. either that or their lazy.

anyways have fun modding your REX.

Quote Originally Posted by cdogg240
    Or should I leave it where it is since it seems to be in the right position now.
    it should be ok where its set at now. You will probably have to get a longer recirce hose because the stock one is pretty short OR a coupling & another short piece...
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider

Thanks again. So do you want the front lip spoiler testes1010?

thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I barely have enough ground clearance as is.
    1988 Celica Alltrac

2001........thats weak (but funny)

installing this BOV..quick question

What parts will I need if I'm installing the valve to vent to atmosphere? The seller doesnt have all the parts for the recirc kit, so it's going to vent to atmosphere until I can get my hands on one.

meh
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

You need to plug up the hole that suppose to hook up to your BOV, can't remember the name of it right now. And I dont mean the BOV vacum hose line, i am talking about the bigger black hose.
    04 WRX Java Black

Mods:
    Cobb Accessport (running stage 2 91 oct), GReddy EVO Catback, Helix Up/Down pipe, Samco IC hoses, Eibach springs, Rota SDRs wheels, Worx BOV, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy bushings and Omori Boost and EGT gauges.

Selectable BOV on Demand - Any Suggestions?

Ok, this is not just another BOV question. Yes, I know they're bad for your car, and yes, I know I shouldn't have bought one. But I did, and although I took it off, I miss the "whoosh" sometimes. So, I had an idea...

I've heard about those 50/50 BOVs that vent half and recirc the other, but I was thinking of maybe custom-making a selectable BOV. The idea is to take the BOV (in my case a GReddy Type-RS) and affix a 3-way valve where the blow-off funnel is. Then attach the recirc piping to one outlet, and the sound-funnel to the other. It would be some kind of electronic valve that would be wired to a toggle switch on the dash/interior somewhere (not actuated by pressure like the BOV itself). As long as you're not toggling while boosting, and the 3-way valve is rated for the heat, it should work!

But, I don't know anywhere to get such a valve or of any makers for such a thing.

Any suggestions for this?
    Greetings from Japan!

Check McMaster-CARR, they have valves(a ton!). An air actuated valve is the way to go, but on a car there is no way to get compressed air to it. You'll need a solenoid valve, page 417 of Mcmaster's online catalog has them, but they are for compressed air (small diameter 1/8"). You'll need a ball valve for 1". BTW and idea how big these things are?! Won't fit under the hood.

SS ball valves in useable sizes can be found on page 384, a 1" valve is about $380. Good luck, but seems like too much trouble. Sell the showoff valve and call it a day.

Cheers, Joe

Nevermind, those valves require an 80 psi supply line to actuate. I don't think anyone makes an electronic solenoid valve that big. Electric valves are usually used for gas supply lines to instruments only using 1/8" or 1/4" piping. Of all the 1000's of valves at work, all of the process valves are 1" and bigger, but are air actuated solenoids. The solenoids are usually bigger than the valve too! Its a great idea, but would be a pain in the ass to bring to life.
    Last edited by LIV 2 RLY; 07-24-2006 at 05:03 AM.