"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 474
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; god damn so much bashing and I just got back haha But yes I am going with the group and ...

god damn so much bashing and I just got back haha But yes I am going with the group and going against the BOV idea.

Right now, I do not even own a subaru. I plan on purchasing an 06 TR in a few months when I can throw down a bigger down payment. Sorry if I'm misleading but I plan on going Stage 2 because any power gains above that would be insane an I would probably end up killing myself

As for the BOV again, it just sounds as if the cons outweigh the pros. I don't want to hurt my new car, plain an simple.

More questions though...
    1. I don't see all the many things 02-05, 06+ specific such as exhausts. Are they the same?
    2. What was ERZ's website again, I can't find it.
    3. What exactly is a protune? Is it just a more specific tune at a shop?
    4. How would I go about removing the air silencer?
    '06 WRX STI is in my near future, Stage 2 here I come

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by frathouse87
    My search was overwhelmed with BOV bashing and what not, and in short my question was not answered.

Now my plans are to go cobb stg. 2 and I want to get a BOV. Now I've read countless times that people say don't do it but it's my car and I want it. Now what I want to know is which BOV would I want to look for in order to not make my fuel mixture to rich between shifts. My friend told me that he was a 50/50 BOV in which half goes to atmos. and half goes to recirc. I can't find any like this yet but found something sorta close.

http://www.racecompengineering.com/product-engine4.htm

The blitz Blowoff Valve DD looks sweet with a low pressure port for city cruising and high pressure port for high acceleration. Can anyone help me out? I'd like to minimize my chances of a hurt engine.
    if you are going to go stg 2, jsut get the k&n crickle red intake and take out the stock intake piping in the pass. fender. with that your stock "bov" will be noisy. why waste you money on an aftermarket one when the stock one is good for 22+ psi.
    just my .02

More questions though...
    1. I don't see all the many things 02-05, 06+ specific such as exhausts. Are they the same?
    The majority of all 02-05 downpipes, turboback and catback exhausts should fit the 06 without any difficulty. The only exception to this that I am aware of are shorty downpipes.

2. What was ERZ's website again, I can't find it.
    ERZ's website is www.eracingzone.com but their stuff is all over eBay as well.

3. What exactly is a protune? Is it just a more specific tune at a shop?
    Yes. A professional tune usually gives you more power and response than an "off the shelf" map like Cobb's Stage 2 map, and is an absolute necessity for vast majority of large turbo upgrades.

4. How would I go about removing the air silencer?
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113
    Personally, I'd get a silencer delete elbow instead, so I wouldn't lose the front air scoop functionality of the stock intake, but that's just me.

I would just like to know how I can install 2 BOV's on my car. Two has to be better than just one right?

Quote Originally Posted by jabrams585
    I would just like to know how I can install 2 BOV's on my car. Two has to be better than just one right?
    You just need a flange splitter.

COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

every bov thread i have read has said the same things. for those who are looking for a large turbo down the road, is an aftermarket bov required or recommended? Then.. would the turbo needed to be bigger than a vf39? just for example

Quote Originally Posted by marxist
    every bov thread i have read has said the same things. for those who are looking for a large turbo down the road, is an aftermarket bov required or recommended? Then.. would the turbo needed to be bigger than a vf39? just for example
    The stock BPV can handle a lot of boost, but when you upgrade to a large enough turbo, it may be insufficient to handle the larger boosting amounts.

When you get to stage 4, you get a FMIC which should come with a BOV. A VF39 shouldn't require an aftermarket BOV.
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by jabrams585
    Sad thing is I've seen an s2000 with 2 BOV's...he said the guy who installed the turbo kit had an extra one laying around the shop so they decided to put it on...

intake, exhaust, and BOV suggestions?

Just purchased a new '05 WRX and was hoping I could get some advice on some performance upgrades for it. I looking for a new intake that will give me the most power. A full exhaust system that isnt all that load but throaty, and a type blow off valve that doesnt release all the pressure in one quick sound, but almost has a quieter tapering off sound in the release. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Greetings and welcome to the club!

Please use the search function ...

When you do you will read that an aftermarket BOV is B A D.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

welcome do the search before you buy anything. there is alot of knowledge here, help your self.
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    For intake you got many options, i personally like the AEM short ram intake because you get better torque gains then with the CAI which actually u lose some TQ with it.

For exhaust theres many you can find that won't give you the sound you don't want. I dont really know exactly what ones because i like a good sounding exhaust not like the one your looking for.

As for blow off valve you can find any one and always route most the air back into the intake so you don't run rich per shift but you don't have to its only a little gas per shift and what not.
    On the greddy's you can adjust how it sounds, for you try type RS.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    For intake you got many options, i personally like the AEM short ram intake because you get better torque gains then with the CAI which actually u lose some TQ with it.

For exhaust theres many you can find that won't give you the sound you don't want. I dont really know exactly what ones because i like a good sounding exhaust not like the one your looking for.

As for blow off valve you can find any one and always route most the air back into the intake so you don't run rich per shift but you don't have to its only a little gas per shift and what not.
    On the greddy's you can adjust how it sounds, for you try type RS.
    you shall use the search as well before giving advice
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    you shall use the search as well before giving advice
    Shut up with your search.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    Shut up with your search.
    Not cool

Searching is good.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.