"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 471
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; yes. first off, the catback does nothing but make noise. you need to get a 3" catted down pipe for ...

yes. first off, the catback does nothing but make noise. you need to get a 3" catted down pipe for it to matter. secondly, the bov will olny make you run rich in between shifts. it does nothing but hurt the performance of the car. i would revert back to the stock bov and add a catted down pipe to the cat back exhaust. then i would get a Cobb access port andrun stage two with that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tanz1983
    yes. first off, the catback does nothing but make noise. you need to get a 3" catted down pipe for it to matter. secondly, the bov will olny make you run rich in between shifts. it does nothing but hurt the performance of the car. i would revert back to the stock bov and add a catted down pipe to the cat back exhaust. then i would get a Cobb access port andrun stage two with that.
    Thanks nothing is installed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shay06
    hey guys,
    I have A hks Hi power exhaust catback and also a turbo xs RFL BOV do you think this is bad first mod?

Everytime I hear that Bov mentioned I can't help but think of a ROFL ( ) BOV....

Anyway, the cat back is fine, but a bov on a basically stock wrx = no gains and maybe a rich (too much fuel, not enough air) condition between shifts. There's a lot more info on a bov and its effects around here if you search some of the performance forums.

Btw- welcome to the site.
    2004 San Remo WRX - 370whp / 401wtq / EJ205
    2005 Pontiac GTO - 438whp / 470wtq / LS2
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EJRex
    Blobeye Syndicate # 44

welcome aboard. your mods are fine. i make fun of people with BOVs and i have one anyways, i knwo i run rich between shifts but that only means bigger flames. Save for an uppipe and downpipe, and ECU tuning. Otherwise, your current mods are silly. If you can, get some new tires and go from there, suspension, brake pads, etc.. I run the BOV only b/c i love the HKS sound...
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

The exhaust is fine, you should however remove the blow off valve.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I dont know why a lot of people in the states have a problem with atmosphere bov as you will eventually need one as your mods increase and you start pushing more boost poundage your standard bov will leak, i have the HKS SSQ on mine and i think its great..

i would change the airfilter to a K&N panel filter not the pod its works just as well and change the cat to a highflow to let it breathe you will feel the difference...

just my 2c!!!

great first mod, should be running 15's in no time!

I think that there is a lot to do before you get that mod. Like a downpipe, EM, airfilter, uppipe (depending on model). It is just one of those things that dosn't really do much until you really need it. Especially when the car is designed to run w/ that air that is getting blown out to atms.

That said, do what you want, cause it is your car, and it makes you happy. Just difference of opinion in some cases
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    I think that there is a lot to do before you get that mod. Like a downpipe, EM, airfilter, uppipe (depending on model). It is just one of those things that dosn't really do much until you really need it. Especially when the car is designed to run w/ that air that is getting blown out to atms.

That said, do what you want, cause it is your car, and it makes you happy. Just difference of opinion in some cases
    Good advice! I say do what you want, but if it starts to effect performance, then don't do it. Just my .02 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    He should also get a CAI with that and he can run those 15's all day no problems.

sorry mate I had to don't take this to heart i am just kidding
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Hey, I put one in my 626, and it put her deeeeep into the 17's.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Hey, I put one in my 626, and it put her deeeeep into the 17's.
    I put 17's on my car last year. Much better than the stockers.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Here are some links I suggest you check out!
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Here are some links I suggest you check out!
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shay06
    hey guys,
    I have A hks Hi power exhaust catback and also a turbo xs RFL BOV do you think this is bad first mod?
    Search.

Ask yourself. Why do you want a BOV? It is because the sound?

This thread is a waste of space.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.