"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 470

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a factory BOV on my SRT-4....

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I have a factory BOV on my SRT-4.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by I <3 to Spool
    you know i have heard about not modding until the car is broken in and i dont see the point, whilst the car is "young" i think you would want to teach the ecu to run with the mods on. my mods arent really major motor mods, just got rid of the snorkle and put a forge 100% vta bov on. and i only bought it for the sound enjoyment not to go faster please i have been reading this forum for like 4 or 5 years now i know the whole bovs are pointless unless you have a bigger turbo threads but i like it and i paid for the enjoyment.
    2006 WRX

im not really the internet argueing type. i apolgize if i have said anything offensive. i am a turbo diesel mechanic and i have been working on school buses all day in a 106+ degree weather so i guess i wasnt in the mood for a sarcastic remark. to each there own i respect the fact that you are a car enthusiast and again i apologize i was just looking for an answer. i didnt mean to get hostile, but the arizona sun makes me feel like **** at the end of the day. i am not saying this so i wont get banned or anything(i really could give a **** about an internet forum banning me) but i have a motto that is make more friends than enemies. so i thank you for telling me that the stock one is better i know that but i have always thought that a bov lets everone around you know that your car is turboed and i guess that is why i like it a little ricey yes but i like it and that is why i got the car so i could do things that i like.

No hard feelings here. We just get BOV questions so much. I am one of the nicer ones about it though. Good luck on fixing it, and try to stay out of the sun. I had a cat that died from skin cancer.
    2006 WRX

greddy recirculating bov question

ok so i found this video clip

would a recirculated type-s sound like this?

http://media.putfile.com/WRX-BOV-Greddy

Aftermarket recirculation valves are absolute no different than the stock recirculation valve except that they can hold more boost. If you can't hear your stock recirculating valve, you're not going to hear an aftermarket recirculating valve, simply as that.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

that is an atmospheric bov not recirculationg

Can I get a blow off valve for my 06 wrx limited (auto)??

Ok, Im beyond a newb when it comes to cars. I just picked up an 06 wrx. Im interested in a bov for the car purley for the sound( I know im really lame ) Can a bov be installed on my car? will it cause any issues?
    Last edited by wrx_noobie; 06-22-2006 at 09:45 AM.

Put on your flame suit.

Not a good idea. It will cause your MAF sensor to read rich. Which results in fouled spark plugs and what not. Your car will also not idle very well. The stock recirculation unit works just fine.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

lol i no im lame, but i love that bov sound. I went with the 06 wrx limited because it seemed only right for a total car noob. Thanks for the advice tho

even if you got a show off valve, not sure how it would sound on an automatic transmission anyway. the car probably shifts before enough boost is built up to make the "wooosh" sound.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon
    even if you got a show off valve, not sure how it would sound on an automatic transmission anyway. the car probably shifts before enough boost is built up to make the "wooosh" sound.
    lol show off valve, very creative

2006 WRX

Bov??

hey guys,
    I have A hks Hi power exhaust catback and also a turbo xs RFL BOV do you think this is bad first mod?

Bov??

hey guys,
    I have A hks Hi power exhaust catback and also a turbo xs RFL BOV do you think this is bad first mod?