"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 469
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; blowoffvalves.com turboxs RFL (real ****ing loud) sounds really good and has that psssh sound. I think its the loudest one ...

blowoffvalves.com

turboxs RFL (real ****ing loud) sounds really good and has that psssh sound. I think its the loudest one on the market. It sounds like the airbrakes on the disael trucks or bus.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HKS and Turbo XS BOV opinions...not the same old BOV post

I am planning on upgrading my 06. I have ordered the Turbo XS FMIC and intake, PE injectors, walbro fuel pump, FP Green, etc.

My question is: does anyone have the Turbo XS FMIC which come with the XS BOV? I want to know if that BOV is any good. I have heard many good things about the HKS SSQV, but since the FMIC comes with a BOV, I figure I should use that if it's any good.

This post is purely for opinions on those 2 brands.

I am not interested in being flamed for this. I am upgrading to stage 4 and a BOV is part of that. I look forward to any helpful opinions, good or bad.

Thanks
    Car-less

pretty sure its the txs rbv34 bpv. Youll need to get tuned after all the mods anyway, so im sure it will be fine. im not really sure if its a true bpv, or vents to atmosphere, youll have to check on that.

If you are looking for more than 19psi, you will need to go eles where. Element tune my buddy's WRX and the Turbo XS bov that came with the FMIC, with all the washer installed it, would not hold 19psi. He went with the Turbosmart BOV.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart Racer
    If you are looking for more than 19psi, you will need to go eles where. Element tune my buddy's WRX and the Turbo XS bov that came with the FMIC, with all the washer installed it, would not hold 19psi. He went with the Turbosmart BOV.
    Yeah, I guess I'd be safer to just get the HKS and be done with it.

Thanks guys
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66
    Yeah, I guess I'd be safer to just get the HKS and be done with it.

Thanks guys
    definately look elsewhere.. i have the txs fmic, and the bpv that came with would leak no matter what, even with only 17psi. so i'm just using the stocker
    I want my subie back.

Quote Originally Posted by chromatica
    definately look elsewhere.. i have the txs fmic, and the bpv that came with would leak no matter what, even with only 17psi. so i'm just using the stocker
    Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to look elsewhere.
    Car-less

I'm under the impression that the most BOV problems happen exactly with the hks ssqv...
    Life's short. Drive hard.

You do know that the HKS bov tend clog up, and quite working didn't you.

forge bov question

inside the bov there are two o rings that sit in the top part of the bov, one of mine is torn, i used some moly graphite lube to hold it in place, do you think i will run into any problems with this, or are they there to guide the piston? when i lubed it up it seemed to sit in there fine but i just wanted to know if i should consider taking off the bov again and putting in a new o ring right away.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Just take it off and toss it in the dumpster and replace it with your factory one. That is the smartest thing to do. BOV's are bad for your car. End of story.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

i got it cause i like the sound not cause i want it to go faster and keep your smart ass remarks to yourself it was just a question and have you heard of srtforums.com thats where the american rice belongs, i love srt-4s dont get me wrong but this is a subaru forum not a dodge forum. thanks for the reply though

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I <3 to Spool
    i got it cause i like the sound not cause i want it to go faster and keep your smart ass remarks to yourself it was just a question and have you heard of srtforums.com thats where the american rice belongs, i love srt-4s dont get me wrong but this is a subaru forum not a dodge forum. thanks for the reply though
    First of all you have been here a few days, that is not very smart saying that to someone who has been here a few years.

Little do you know I owned a WRX before I bought my SRT-4. My car is no where near American Rice. You wanted the BOV just for sound? That is called Rice.

You BOV is very bad for your car. Go ahead, tear up your car. Oh and you might want to check out CAI and Boost controllers. They make you're car so fast. Trust me.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

i have been on this forum alot longer than a couple days. i have owned a 2003 wrx and a 2003 evo and now i own a 2006 wrx .so take your made up senority somewhere else i just now decided to start posting some questions. i was just looking for a simple answer not a smart ass remark from a srt-4 owner, and where i live ther are alot of srt -4 owners and i dont think i have heard one that doesnt have a blow off valve.

for one i still have the vf-39 turbo from my 2003 so it isnt staying stock turbo. for two a boost controller increases boost therefore if it is done right it can and will make your car have more power and i know for a fact that i will not be getting a cai. if you want to play the game of who knows more about cars i guarantee i will win. if you notice i got a forge bov which i have never heard it cause any problems for anyone, and if i wanted to tear up my car who are you to tell me not to.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.