"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 463
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey is there any year WRX or WRX STi that come stock with a BOV? sorry this is to settle ...

stock BOV?

hey is there any year WRX or WRX STi that come stock with a BOV? sorry this is to settle an argument someone and i were having about these cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

um... you mean 'without'?

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    All WRX's & STi's have stock BOV on them. They just don't make a whole bunch of unnecessary noise.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Well I believe every wrx and sti has a bypass valve which is basically a recirculating bov. I know I can hear the stock internal wastegate and bypass valve when I get on it and shift I can hear all that goodness, it's not loud but you can hear it.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

before anyone replies i should clerify.. im aware there is a BPV but if im understand is correct that recirculates back into the system. BOV blows off into the atmosphere.

also is it terribly difficult to add a naftermarket BOV with the by pass sits?

also i haven test driven the STI yet.. thats thurday (already have the appt) can you hear the BPV?

ah damn already got replys.. haha too late

Quote Originally Posted by waterhurley
    hey is there any year WRX or WRX STi that come stock with a BOV? sorry this is to settle an argument someone and i were having about these cars.

you both lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    you both lost.
    auctually no i win. i knew about the BPV. he said that in '05 they changed it to a BOV, ok well to be specific (i know hes an idiot) that in 05 they changed from a BPV to a greddy type S BOV. hahaha. i know that even if it ever became atmospheric discharge, they wouldnt put an aftermarket part in at the factory.

he also thinks that the stock TMIC is made by HKS/... what ever... hes an idiot

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    auctually no i win. i knew about the BPV. he said that in '05 they changed it to a BOV, ok well to be specific (i know hes an idiot) that in 05 they changed from a BPV to a greddy type S BOV. hahaha. i know that even if it ever became atmospheric discharge, they wouldnt put an aftermarket part in at the factory.

he also thinks that the stock TMIC is made by HKS/... what ever... hes an idiot
    Ignorance IS bliss.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

autually is it possible to make the BPV a BOV by just dissconnecting the outlet? then its not recirculating and its dumping to atmosphere. hmmm....

autually is it possible to make the BPV a BOV by just dissconnecting the outlet? then its not recirculating and its dumping to atmosphere. hmmm....
    you can but its a very bad idea. the stock BOV normally open, and closes under boost, while aftermarket valves are normally closed and open under vaccum. that means when you're under vaccum you can suck in unfiltered air through the open valve.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    you can but its a very bad idea. the stock BOV normally open, and closes under boost, while aftermarket valves are normally closed and open under vaccum. that means when you're under vaccum you can suck in unfiltered air through the open valve.
    aahhhhhh i get it now. like my friends SRT opens up every time you let off the gas and the turbo is vacuum. cool thanks guys. im new to the forums and i appricate the non-flamming for the stupoid questions

guess now I'll just have to get the LM002.
    go f*** yourself

Arrow New WRX-what exhaust...bov....anything else??

Hey whats up everyone. I'm new to the forum and am about to purchase a 2002 WRX. It is equipped with an Injen Blow Off Valve, Injen Cold Air Intake and Blitz Turbo Timer. This will be the first time that I will have a car that is actually worth upgrading. I'm supposed to pick it up mid to late next week and need an idea of some add ons that I can put onto it that won't compromise reliability. I want a loud BOV, will this Injen one due? Also, what is a good sounding exhaust that won't draw too much attention by the cops? What else performance wise can I do without getting too crazy?? Anything would help!! Thanks

don't forget to get an MBC. you can crank up the boost and run like 22-23 PSI. That'll get you about 350 WHP for $40.

also, you can install TWO BOV's if you want REAL loud BOV sound.

posting and you (click here)
    Last edited by blarg; 05-16-2006 at 09:22 PM.
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.