"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 461
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by GPJamesMVT The post was for people who were considering a bov. Personally, I wasn't really wanting any ...

Quote Originally Posted by GPJamesMVT
    The post was for people who were considering a bov. Personally, I wasn't really wanting any replies seeing as how there was nothing to reply to. It was a statement and thats it. This is the exact reason that I said in the first line hoping that it would remove all replies except the ones asking about the part. And for some reason, not to my suprise, the ignorant people prevail.
    The ignorant people are those who use BOV's and claim that no damage is being done, while refusing to listen to those who actually know what they're talking about.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Going on information givin from Balance Performance in Buford, GA.
    http://balancedperformance.com/

I Support ClubWRX
    Going on information givin from Balance Performance in Buford, GA.
    http://balancedperformance.com/
    What did they measure your AFR with?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    What did they measure your AFR with?

their ass. . it makes it easier since their head is up there.

hmm maf based system determining fueling for air that isn't there. . . MAYBE IT WILL RUN LEAN!!

OMGZ lolz. Come get some neons installed dawg, we've also got some wicked chinese writing stickers. BOTH add at least 19 whp and will help you in your quest to run 14's in a 13 second car.

a gauge and some meter thing from a company called 'innovative motorsports'

well then, as long as it was some kind of meter thingy dealy-o gadget, you must be alright
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

so you're running an aem, hydra, or some other system that's not maf based ?

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    the backfire i get from my hks bov makes me go faster from the flames i shoot out the back

rocket propultion

read sig.
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

I wouldn't mind seeing some hard proof of how the BOV hinders the 1/4 mile times.

Turning a car that runs 13's into a car that runs 14's JUST from a BOV?

it's a big performance mod.

like my neons, dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH

like my neons, dawg.
    the e-thug shines with glory on this thread!

hey bro you just need to know that venting BOV's on the wrx will throw off your MAF sensor, causing rich mixes and possible motor problems down the road..listen to someone who had a CAI and BOV as their first mods back in 04 you learn quick, they do nothing but cause problems down the road. if you really want the sound more than anything, APS all the way, they make a great one!

OMGhi2u BrianH
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

like my neons, dawg.
    So you don't have any slips or time-sheets that show 1/4 mile times with and without the BOV? Nobody asked (even the originator of this thread) if it was a performance mod, common sense tells us that it's obviously NOT.

There are a lot of people on here that chime in just to take people down a notch and TELL them what their opinion should be. Yeah BOV's have been beaten like a spanish hooker, but this isn't a "Should I..." or "What's the best..." thread, it's an honest personal review.

Quote Originally Posted by REXtard04
    So you don't have any slips or time-sheets that show 1/4 mile times with and without the BOV? Nobody asked (even the originator of this thread) if it was a performance mod, common sense tells us that it's obviously NOT.

There are a lot of people on here that chime in just to take people down a notch and TELL them what their opinion should be. Yeah BOV's have been beaten like a spanish hooker, but this isn't a "Should I..." or "What's the best..." thread, it's an honest personal review.

Did I claim to? My joke about turning a 13 second car into a 14 second car had more to do with the fact that the idiots we see on here rambling about how cool their bov sound is usually care more about show and drawing attention to themselves with some Show off valve than performance. if you want noise get a ****ing air horn, they're cheaper and wont cause any issues at all.

I've always wondered who the people were that we always hear about "this dude was sitting next to me in bumper to bumper traffic revving his engine and showing off his blow off valve". Now I know.

look at me look at me I'm turbo! OMGZ!

I've always wondered who the people were that we always hear about "this dude was sitting next to me in bumper to bumper traffic revving his engine and showing off his blow off valve". Now I know.
    HAHA, too true....there are TONS of guys around here that do that, and mostly to impress the underage skank they have sitting in the passenger seat.

I wish I had a picture of the crap they sell for N/A cars that makes it sound like you've got a BOV....it's basically one of those noise makers you had when you were a kid where you blow into it and it makes a SUPER annoying whistling sound.

yeah u should probly get some in there. i have the regular txs bov that came with their fmic going to recirc, and i put all the washers in there. like 7 or 8 i think. runs fine btw
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.