"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 460
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Trainrex If you don't want people's opinions, don't post. Don't you think we've had enought BOV threads?...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    If you don't want people's opinions, don't post. Don't you think we've had enought BOV threads?

New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GPJamesMVT
    I have absolutely no ... richness problems.
    I assume you're using an A/F gauge
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    I assume you're using an A/F gauge

Whut R AN AF gage!?

Is this really what a bov valve sounds like?

So I bought my car with a HKS BOv on it. I cleaned it today because I thought it wasnt making the right kind of noise. After I cleaned it, I cant believe how it sounds, and I mean bad.

I thought it was only suppose to make a sound, wsshhh, inbetween shifts. But now it makes this sound like a crying baby when my turbo is winding up and a somewhat wshh sound inbetween shifts. The wind up noise is louder than my turbo.

I'm going to go back to stock real quick, so please leave those replies out. can someone verify though, that this is what it's suppose to sound like. Thank you.
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas
    So I bought my car with a HKS BOv on it. I cleaned it today because I thought it wasnt making the right kind of noise. After I cleaned it, I cant believe how it sounds, and I mean bad.

I thought it was only suppose to make a sound, wsshhh, inbetween shifts. But now it makes this sound like a crying baby when my turbo is winding up and a somewhat wshh sound inbetween shifts. The wind up noise is louder than my turbo.

I'm going to go back to stock real quick, so please leave those replies out. can someone verify though, that this is what it's suppose to sound like. Thank you.
    Brett
    sounds like you forgot your BOV gasket and you're leaking boost....or you forgot to tighten the throttlebody to IC hose clamps....you're leaking boost somewhere.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

No I remembered the gasket. But this IC hoses you speak of...I only had to take off one hose, and that was the nipple that went into the bov. Whats wrong here. And thanks for always being the first to respond.

so you didn't take off the intercooler or loosen it to change the BOV?

there's a short 3" hose that connects the front of the intercooler to the throttlebody. Its damn near impossible to swap BOV's without loosening this first so you can push the IC back enough to play with the BOV. there's a hose clamp on both ends of it...sometimes people forget to tighten the hose clamps.

also make sure the gasket didn't slip after you bolted down 1 side....some people will bolt the BOV on one side, and assume the gasket will stay in place, and it just swivels down before you tighten down the other bolt.
    go f*** yourself

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    The HKS BOV is supposed to have a high-pitched whistle noise when you let off the gas. Something's definitely going wrong with your setup.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

oh...and make sure you don't have any of this stuck in there....

go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

Haha. Thats good..
    My money pit

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

there it is. . I was waiting for a reply of this sort..
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

ok, so crying baby is gone on wind up. I didnt tighten the bolts down enough and that problem is fixed. although my hks bov doesnt make any differnt sound, or not much at all. Less sound the better I guess. Im going to by a stock bpv tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas
    ok, so crying baby is gone on wind up. I didnt tighten the bolts down enough and that problem is fixed. although my hks bov doesnt make any differnt sound, or not much at all. Less sound the better I guess. Im going to by a stock bpv tomorrow.
    go f*** yourself

The post was for people who were considering a bov. Personally, I wasn't really wanting any replies seeing as how there was nothing to reply to. It was a statement and thats it. This is the exact reason that I said
    If you don't like BOVs, don't post.
    in the first line hoping that it would remove all replies except the ones asking about the part. And for some reason, not to my suprise, the ignorant people prevail.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GPJamesMVT
    The post was for people who were considering a bov. Personally, I wasn't really wanting any replies seeing as how there was nothing to reply to. It was a statement and thats it. This is the exact reason that I said in the first line hoping that it would remove all replies except the ones asking about the part. And for some reason, not to my suprise, the ignorant people prevail.
    These threads promote misinformation. Expect replies you don't like.

What are you using to measure your AFR?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.