"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 456
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by criticalm@ss ya how do i do it?? any instructions in this forum? didnt see any thnx though. ...

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criticalm@ss
    ya how do i do it??
    any instructions in this forum? didnt see any
    thnx though.
    its called the Silencer Delete Mod...you can search it here or any other Subaru Forums....

its in between the "airscoop" and your Airbox. its held on by 2 screws and is easy to remove...
    Last edited by TheFugitiveMind; 05-03-2006 at 12:01 AM.
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

subie nooby

Ya i appreciate yer kindness.
    Did do reasearch within the site but saw a few diff opinions.
    Saw some guy cut his stock stuff which i want to avoid, I f i need or can buy an upgrade I will as long as it is proven, want to stay away from the experimental garage hack with his hacksaw.
    I judge who to believe by how many posts he has lol kinda silly?
    Any way i know the 06 is different and hope the mods apply to my year.
    I know a guy at hks they have an sti i also call him, just really busy.
    WHat are the cons to the silencer delete?? or what isnt functioning with it attathced?
    thnx bros, luv the new 06 sti is amazing.

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    there are no cons to doing the mod. its just a silencer.. you can get this thing called the GP MOTO ELBOW basically replaces the silencer with a short elbow creating the same effect.
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

i believe a new silencer from Subaru is like $70...so you're not destroying an expensive part...just hack it off and put some duct tape on it. This "experimental garage hack" has been around since 2001, and has definately stood the test of time.

or get the GPMoto elbow.

this won't make your valve sound that loud...you'll hear it when it pops durring heavy acceleration, but if you're attention wh0ring, this definately will not do it.
    Last edited by blarg; 05-03-2006 at 10:55 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Ok, since no body wants to help this guy, I guess I will be the nice one.

He has obviously already searched on the issue since he knowns that stock BOV is good upto 19psi and that it often causes the car to run rich and get hesitation between shifts. He already searched around, and he just has another question that would actually be kinda hard to search for since the search for "BOV" turns up 500 results and not one thread on the first page would even be remotely useful to his question.
    link to search page: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search...archid=1457664

Perhaps for those of us that have been here for a long time, our goal with this website shoudn't be just to mess around with one another, but also to help those that are in need. He didn't come here saying, "OMG I herd da supra go pssssssssshhhhhh & now I needz dat shiet y0!!11"

Criticalm@ss:
    You are correct with your current outlook on the BOV. Most do cause you to run inefficiently and cause hesitation between shifts... All around not very good.
    However there are some BOV's for the wrx that are "stacker designs" and work quite well for the wrx. Not running rich, no hesitation, and all around 100% safe. These tend to run a little more money than the others like Greddy and HKS, but if you really want the sound then you are much better off with one of these:

Worx
    Forge
    GFB (more expensive, and not as good. You are getter off with the above two).
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

finnally

thanks man this guy is cool, my hero.
    Ya I havent even had time to really pop the hood and start tinkering around in there so I dont know until i start lookin around in there, what about the silencer elbow anything not getting air? water damage possibilty? Like I said if it require cutting something Id rather take it out and either replace or plug somehting. Ill post more educated question tonight after work thanks man.
    c

Quote Originally Posted by criticalm@ss
    thanks man this guy is cool, my hero.
    Ya I havent even had time to really pop the hood and start tinkering around in there so I dont know until i start lookin around in there, what about the silencer elbow anything not getting air? water damage possibilty? Like I said if it require cutting something Id rather take it out and either replace or plug somehting. Ill post more educated question tonight after work thanks man.
    c
    the elbow connects to that scoop in the front. as long as you cover the hole with some duct tape, it will be fine. The GPMoto doesn't have the hole.

the people who suck in water are the ones that get CAI's that actually re-route the intake to right behind the fog light...you can probably figure out what would happen if you drove through a puddle with your intake that low.
    go f*** yourself

Bov ?

Ok. I am trying to decide what to do. I bought my car with a Blitz BOV and the car runs good. It doesn't backfire at all. It pops occasionally in between shifts but thats it. I have been reading how BOV are a waste and putting the stock one on is best. I have the stock one and I just want to know if I will REALLY feel the difference going back to stock. I was also told by a few to take out my CAI and put the stock box back in. I was told it would run and pull harder. Well I did that and it made my car significantly slower. It spooled slower and didn't pull harder at all so I put my CAI back on. I don't want to waste my time with the BOV if it wont make a difference ya know. My mods are in my profile. Nothing big

You won't feel any performance gain from the stocker.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    You won't feel any performance gain from the stocker.
    Would you recomend going back to stock? People say I wont run so rich inbetween shifts and that It's alot better for the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxr600
    Would you recomend going back to stock? People say I wont run so rich inbetween shifts and that It's alot better for the car.
    Yes.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Don't forget to reset yr ECU after installations.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

On that note, I am a n00b wondering, so what is the common practice of reseting the ECU? Disconnect/reconnect the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by afbluesv1k
    On that note, I am a n00b wondering, so what is the common practice of reseting the ECU? Disconnect/reconnect the battery?
    that would be the easiest way, yes.

disconnect the battery, then pump the brake 5-6 times.
    go f*** yourself

pump the breaks
    Just disconnect the negative

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.