"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 451
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Posting and You......

Peachypumpkincheeks

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette

bookmarked.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

If you just take the oem bov off entirely from the IC it will make the cool sounds on its own, doesn't cause many issues with idle or anything like that.

lol

just looking for some quik and handy info no need 2 b a smart ass.

Thanks Blarg.

I'll try that out..
    Scotty P

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by criticalm@ss
    Wow, you're on the way to making a great impression around here.
    Read the stickies in Engine Performance, and search around for specifics. They're a great place to start with these very basic questions.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by criticalm@ss

My search for bov returned results in about 6 seconds.

???

cuz i didnt find an answer bout the fuel richness if a greddy is installed, saw all the info already is why i am asking, info said no to correcting the richness prob, as i said at work dont have alotta time to do alot of searching if it was already covered my apologies.
    soory thought that was a funny post but a waste of both our time re: www.sunamiturbo.com
    lol

ok...in the spirit of welcoming new members and trying to understand that THEY don't know this has already been asked, debated, answered a billion times, here is the answer you are looking for.

ALL BOV's do this. there is NO way to have the BOV sound and not have mixture problems unless you want to spend about $3000 converting your MAF system to MAP just to make a cool noise.

THe only way to "fix" this is to get a plumbback kit for your aftermarket BOV, which will kill the BOV sound.

sorry.

if you want a car that makes cool noises, maybe you should turbo a Civic.
    go f*** yourself

$$$ no object

thanks
    i have the money to spend on this car and want to do things right,
    sorry i think it sounds awesome and made me lol when a pedestrian jumped when it blew.
    Didnt think it was such a hassle..now i know, but I will do the basics first.
    I appreciate yer help an honesty.
    I just found this board last night so i was limited to time spent here while at work.
    I will research more at home and wont post unless im sure its not already covered.
    My noobish apology.
    I have alot to learn I am counting on you guys.
    thnks
    C.

Registered User finallygotmyrex's Avatar
    Thanks again to everyone that participated in this thread. After reading my first post I realized how stupid it was of me to start modding my car without knowing what was good and what was bad. As of today my car is still hitting fuelcut when I'm in 4th and 5th gear... going to the shop this afternoon to pull the CEL code and make the propper corrections. Hopefully I havn't done any permanet damage

Anyway, this forum probly saved me a few thousand bucks and a new engine! Thanks peeps...

I'll update after I get back from the shop this afternoon.

You might want to remove the MBC completely and install the stock t-fitting in its place (with the restrictor pil - very important). Even with it turned all the way down you might still be high enough to cause fuel cut. What boost levels are you reading?

I just did that a few weeks ago, if you decide to do that and need help feel free to ask.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by finallygotmyrex
    Thanks again to everyone that participated in this thread. After reading my first post I realized how stupid it was of me to start modding my car without knowing what was good and what was bad. As of today my car is still hitting fuelcut when I'm in 4th and 5th gear... going to the shop this afternoon to pull the CEL code and make the propper corrections. Hopefully I havn't done any permanet damage

Anyway, this forum probly saved me a few thousand bucks and a new engine! Thanks peeps...

I'll update after I get back from the shop this afternoon.
    Well it was very intelligent of you to not only sign up for this forum, but actually take the time to listen to what we were saying instead of getting defensive or ignoring the tips like a lot of people would have! Good to hear you're going about it the right way now and hopefully your subie will be purring like a kitten soon enough. Def. let us know how it goes after the shop!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Well it was very intelligent of you to not only sign up for this forum, but actually take the time to listen to what we were saying instead of getting defensive or ignoring the tips like a lot of people would have! Good to hear you're going about it the right way now and hopefully your subie will be purring like a kitten soon enough. Def. let us know how it goes after the shop!
    yeah no kidding...so much better than those guys that just keep asking the same question until someone gives them the answer they want to hear rather than the correct answer.
    go f*** yourself

if you are hitting fuel cut in 4th and 5 th gear it is probably half throttle full bost issue get the boost gauge installed take off the mbc and just check from time to time to see what your peak readings are chances are you hitting the cut beacuse of high boost pressures u need to remember when you add any intake you add 1 pound of boost pressure why i dont know but it is what i have learned hope you get your car fixed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.