"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 450
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I reallly have to hand it to this guy, he took the best of flaming and just kept going. That ...

I reallly have to hand it to this guy, he took the best of flaming and just kept going. That I respect. Most people even when asking for advice, me included, can't take the negative stuff, and you did like no other. Hope you get your car fixed dude....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    cmon man why are you hurting your car. just get it fixed and get some propper mods and it will make you happier, trust me the smile is alot bigger with the right mods
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

hey, its one thing to give him crap...but its a competely DIFFERENT thing to not even read the whole thread and respond as if the problem hasn't already been fixed...

and I can't help it if I have incontinent injectors...
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    hey, its one thing to give him crap...but its a competely DIFFERENT thing to not even read the whole thread and respond as if the problem hasn't already been fixed...

and I can't help it if I have incontinent injectors...

i dono why but i cant stop laughing at that ahahahahahahha
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

good job at fixing your problems. now go drive the car like it was meant to be driven.

I want to go back to stock as well. So, If I pick up a used or new bypass valve that will replace my hks bov? Can I buy these at a dealer?

Actually, are these all the parts that I need?
    Stock BOV, Flange, and L hose.
    Last edited by bthomas; 04-12-2006 at 11:24 AM.

did mine at the track withe ratchet and pliers in 5min
    dat thang got VTEC!!!

so, those are the parts you used?

its VERY easy.

make sure that:

1) you have the BOV gasket
    2) you reconnect the recirc hose (some BOV's plug it and just leave it hanging...remove the plug and connect to the stock valve
    3) make sure the signal line doesn't get kinked. most of the aftermarket valves require you to move the signal line a bit from the stock location...just keep it out of the way when you reconnect the stock one.
    4) replace the squeese clamp on the return hose with a screw-on hose clamp...makes life MUCH easier....its just a tight fit and more than one ClubWRX member has come close to losing an eye trying to get that spring-clamp back on.
    go f*** yourself

Thanks for the help. I was clueless bc I bought the car with a bov on it...

BOV question <help>

I sold a HKS SSQV blow off valve on ebay, in perfect working order, the person that purchased it, installed it, and says it doesn't make any noise? Anyone have any clue what could be wrong with it???

He says he adjusted the knob on the back, and it didn't help..

Help me out ya'all

thanks
    Scotty P

No clues????
    Scotty P

he may have kinked the signal line...tell him to check to make sure its not pinched/stretched.

you have to cut some of the cable ties that hold the line down to get it to fit right.
    go f*** yourself

bov??

So to my understanding a bov is bad cuza the rich period info, no bov is needed unless
    a 20 psi or more is runing?
    Is it possible to get the sound without comprimising performance or faulty info to the cars computer?
    Thanks in advance
    turbonoob

www.sunamiturbo.com

oh yeah, you can also just roll down your window and go "PSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.