"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 447
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mykedude Yeah, no probs Chris. If you do want the GFB50/50, I have it in silver. It ...

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    Yeah, no probs Chris. If you do want the GFB50/50, I have it in silver. It is on my car but can always throw back on the stock valve. I have tried to put the stock one on but it isn't so easy without taking off the intercooler.

~myke

The one i might get is blue, which would match all the hoses in my engine. lol I've had so many bov's I have installing/uninstalling it down to a science. Thanks anyways, man.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    I found the answer on Nasioc. I will have to shave down the BOV flange a little and it will fit fine.
    I had to do the same thing with my APS DV BPV...no probs...
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

Thanks WMAWRX for taking the time to write such a well thought out response. I guess it was the wastegate I was thinking of. I have a lot of studying to do about these cars, it's a good thing I'm the sort who reads repair books for fun.

Still, my question still stands. How difficult and expensive would it be to remove the BOV and restore the car to stock, especially if I don't have the original parts, whatever they may be. Thanks.

My pleasure Joe. You can probably find a used stock BPV for under $50, installing it will take 30 minutes max, just make sure you use a new gasket if the original one looks at all worn.
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

STI Blow off

Is there a way to make the stock sti blowoff valve an atmospheric instead of recirculating?

are you serious?
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

unfortunately, im afraid he is.

There is a way but im not going to tell you for a few reasons.

1.You obviously havent read the stickies
    2.You probably dont know what the search button looks like
    3.Your car will stall, sputter, run rich, possibly cause long-term damage.
    4.If its the noise you want, buy a short ram intake a hard pipe for the turbo(turbo inlet pipe), it becomes decently loud.
    5.Stock is best.

Now i suggest you read the stickies, and search next time, if you think it hasnt been covered, trust me it has.

P.S.-Im going to take it your stock, so at this point in the game, no CAI, no MBC, and as far as BOVs go, never, unless its recirculated. I suggest you work on Engine management, full turboback exhaust, short ram intake, and some sort of tune if your looking for power.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

Yeah you'd be better off running with bricks over your intercooler
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by GPJamesMVT
    Is there a way to make the stock sti blowoff valve an atmospheric instead of recirculating?
    I was wondering the same thing. I want that mad tyte psst like the fastar11 neons!!
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Personally- It was a good question! It didn't deserve some of the responses that it received...

However I wouldn't recommend recirculating your BOV ! To many bad things can come from it! As stated already your car will die, sputter and could very well cause problems in the future..

no bigd i just don't mind answering questions i get asked the samethings over and over in the shop and it really doesn't really bother me im sorry if you think your the only one that can post a reply(not every one is a wrx god like you)lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    Personally- It was a good question! It didn't deserve some of the responses that it received...

However I wouldn't recommend recirculating your BOV ! To many bad things can come from it! As stated already your car will die, sputter and could very well cause problems in the future..
    I can understand the frustration of fellow members about questions of this nature. Although it was asked in an unusual way, it's basically the same question that gets asked and posted 200 times a day. A simple use of the search function would have answered this question easily.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

From the various posts I've seen on the honda sites and now this one, it sounds like California cops REALLY have nothing better to do that **** with anyone and everyone they see.

Because they can.

they wont be able to tell if there is a car in the up pipe unless the take it apart make sure u dont have any cel on and if u do look for the 2.2 resistor mod to get rid of it mostly likely it the cat removed cel hope this helps. what company is ur cat back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slide
    From the various posts I've seen on the honda sites and now this one, it sounds like California cops REALLY have nothing better to do that **** with anyone and everyone they see.

Because they can.

Long Island NY Cops too (Garden City to be specific)....I was driving doin 25mph on a 30mph and then this jackass decides to pull me over because of my exhaust...WTF!?!? I was just cruising...wasnt even speeding or driving wrecklessly. All I had was a hayame exhaust on my 93 mazda mx3 thats been on for around 5 years and not once I have ever been pulled over. Anyways it had quiet down compared to when it was brand new and yet I get pulled over for a $75 ticket if I hadn't replaced it with a quiet one. Its STOCK NOW!!! sigh* I guess the donut shop ran out of donuts at that time...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.