"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 445

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Trainrex The one that goes "PSSSHHHTTTTTHHHOOOOONNNKKKWWWHHIIIIISTTTLEEEFAARR TTBURRPCHIIIRRP!! Oh yeah, you'll need to buy the HKS DIAF. Good ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    The one that goes "PSSSHHHTTTTTHHHOOOOONNNKKKWWWHHIIIIISTTTLEEEFAARR TTBURRPCHIIIRRP!!
    Oh yeah, you'll need to buy the HKS DIAF. Good luck with it, tell us how much horsepower it adds.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Oh yeah, you'll need to buy the HKS DIAF. Good luck with it, tell us how much horsepower it adds.
    After I put it on, I'll go for a dino toon.

After I put it on, I'll go for a dino toon.
    Barney?

Barney?
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywrx
    Nope.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nope.

That thing gives me nightmares.

When I was a kid, if a 7 foot tall purple talking dinosaur came up to me, told me he loved me, hugged me, and gave me a reach around, I'd have him locked up for molestation.

Nope.

note the dino TOON! lol barney isn't a toon, i have a feeling this might have to get taken into OT
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

That thing gives me nightmares.

When I was a kid, if a 7 foot tall purple talking dinosaur came up to me, told me he loved me, hugged me, and gave me a reach around, I'd have him locked up for molestation.
    +1

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    I can see the headlines now...."Barney signs up for Megan's law"

I can see the headlines now...."Barney signs up for Megan's law"
    Yeah, then he gets fired from doing children's shows and has to move in with Brian Peppers.

Quote Originally Posted by 04WRXR
    OK, so I think I found what I was looking for. From what you're all saying, stay away from the aftermarket BOV's untill I'm boosing like 100 PSI. I've seen a lot of videos and I liked the sound, but the drivability is s lot more important.
    Even then, you're not looking to only use it for high pressure, the engine needs to be tuned for it, as WMAWRX mentioned. There's a delicate balance of how the engine uses air and fuel, and changine one aspect of how that works will change how the engine runs. In this case, for the worse. If you really want a BOV, the only way to go is to have engine management tuned for the different airflow dynamics a BOV presents. You can have a car boosting only 5psi and still get the sound, but the important thing is proper tuning.
    Dave
    01 RS

Being new myself, I had the same interest in an aftermarket BOV........searched and found that you will basically be spending money on something that you'll end up selling after repeating the "WTF did I buy this for?" a million times.

As far as reading some of the responses on here, some of you mentioned that the same question has been asked a million times. So what? Who is sitting there behind you, threatening you with a gun if you don't respond to this thread? If you're sick of answering the same questions over and over, DON'T....but responses on threads like this make me VERY skeptical about asking ANY questions at all, especially if the answer I am looking for is in one of the 50 pages that come up from a search.

The term "ricer" gets thrown around pretty loosely considering EVERY ONE OF US IS DRIVING A JAPANESE CAR!!

I may be new to THIS forum, but definitely not new to how these forums work. Be considerate like a "community" (as the title of this forum indicates) should be, instead of slamming someone down for having a general question about something they would consider doing. SOME people (not in this guy's case) have a harder time grasping concepts as written and need the input from people with experience, not sarcastic jokes about being a NEWB, or NOOB, or whatever else is used.

CLICHE....if you don't have something nice or beneficial to say, don't say anything at all.

04WRXR Glad to see you got some useful information from those who are willing to help....and trust me, you will get VERY sick of the BOV sound after a while.

thats sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by REXtard04
    As far as reading some of the responses on here, some of you mentioned that the same question has been asked a million times. So what?....but responses on threads like this make me VERY skeptical about asking ANY questions at all, especially if the answer I am looking for is in one of the 50 pages that come up from a search. ...I may be new to THIS forum, but definitely not new to how these forums work. Be considerate like a "community" ...
    Because it gets old, if you're so "schooled" in the way of "forums" you should know the search button IS the best resource. Most everyone here has done the homework, why shouldn't you? Laziness? Lack of resourcefulness? We ARE a community, we are willing to help someone who is willing to help themselves. If someone comes to your door and asks for $5 because they live in your neighborhood, will you oblige? NO, of course not. But what if they've earned it? Sure! You get what you give, this forum doesn't exist to give handouts. Everyone must contribute.

The term "ricer" gets thrown around pretty loosely considering EVERY ONE OF US IS DRIVING A JAPANESE CAR!!
    Get a clue, even domestics can be rice. Rice doesn't mean Jap, it means all show and no go (and typically a sad attempt at show..) Look at anyhting from HIN, thats the expensive side of rice. flashy wheels, paint jobs, I.C.E. out the wazoo, and the loudest BOV's this side of OH SH*T I'M DEAF! The ugly side would be sheet metal body work, primered paintjobs, fartcan mufflers, wings made out of 2x4's. Yes, wood and nails...

CLICHE....if you don't have something nice or beneficial to say, don't say anything at all.
    Can we hold hands, pweease? Thanks for the lesson in civility and morality.
    Dave
    01 RS

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Being new myself, I had the same interest in an aftermarket BOV........searched and found that you will basically be spending money on something that you'll end up selling after repeating the "WTF did I buy this for?" a million times.
    Bingo

As far as reading some of the responses on here, some of you mentioned that the same question has been asked a million times. So what? Who is sitting there behind you, threatening you with a gun if you don't respond to this thread? I guess you've never received a visit from BrianH If you're sick of answering the same questions over and over, DON'T....but responses on threads like this make me VERY skeptical about asking ANY questions at all, especially if the answer I am looking for is in one of the 50 pages that come up from a search. We encourage finding answers on your own, and try to keep the thread clutter to a minimum. The more BOV threads we get, the harder it is for n00bs to find the answer.

The term "ricer" gets thrown around pretty loosely considering EVERY ONE OF US IS DRIVING A JAPANESE CAR!! The term "Ricer" is played out at this point. It is normally used to describe a person who spends money and time installing parts and services to their car that are detrimental to its performance.

I may be new to THIS forum, but definitely not new to how these forums work. Be considerate like a "community" (as the title of this forum indicates) should be, instead of slamming someone down for having a general question about something they would consider doing. SOME people (not in this guy's case) have a harder time grasping concepts as written and need the input from people with experience, not sarcastic jokes about being a NEWB, or NOOB, or whatever else is used. This isn't a case of someone not understanding. This is a case of someone not wanting to do their part to make the community work.

CLICHE....if you don't have something nice or beneficial to say, don't say anything at all. You could have easily refrained from posting in this thread, and nothing would have changed. He didn't search, he posted an identical thread that 1000 n00bs have posted in the past. People made jokes about it. Life goes on.

04WRXR Glad to see you got some useful information from those who are willing to help....and trust me, you will get VERY sick of the BOV sound after a while.
    I'm also glad that we may have saved another one.