"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 444
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by BrianH buy a kazoo, ricer. haha, that reminds me of the video where the kid put the ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    buy a kazoo, ricer.
    haha, that reminds me of the video where the kid put the turkey-call on his bypass hose and drove around.. then a balloon..
    Dave
    01 RS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nobody is being rude. I think after the question has been asked a hundred times, the veterans of the site get tired of answering the same question. Telling someone to search is so much better than giving them a half azs or hastily prepared answer.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    haha, that reminds me of the video where the kid put the turkey-call on his bypass hose and drove around.. then a balloon..

Sad part is the turkey call helped his performance about just as much as the BOV, maybe a little more.

WHen I see these threads I don't think of that, I think of the evo vs m3 video where you just heard the kid SOV'n and SOV'n all over the place, then the m3 wacked him.

i wont get into the searching issue. (although i should)

anyways, just get any bov that you can find for cheap. mostly any bov you put on your stock wrx will do more harm than good to your car, so you might as well save a few bucks if youre gonna do it by buying a cheaper one. the hks does sound nice, but i'd hardly say its worth the 300 beans. IMO, save the money and use it towards a uppipe or downpipe to go with that exhaust. just my $.02

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

WOAH wtf I saw an underoos commercial from the 80's...
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by 04WRXR
    For the record, I went to the search field (once), typed in BOV (something so vague that there was no possible way that I could ever find what I'm looking for). I didn't feel like spending hours searching (easier to just make someone else do the work) for somethgin tha someone could give me an easy answer to. Isn't that the poing of web sites like this? (Yes, we are here solely for you.) I figured someone on here would be awesome enough to show me their knowledge. (We did, on the infinity billion threads already about this)
    Hmmm... you know, he might have a point. Sorry, what BOV were you interested in?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    WOAH wtf I saw an underoos commercial from the 80's...
    you must've been the person that clicked on it while checking their juno webmail.

can only link to my site fromclubwrx.

you must've been the person that clicked on it while checking their juno webmail.

can only link to my site fromclubwrx.
    guilty as charged, lol
    Dave
    01 RS

Just unclamp the recirculation hose on your stock BPV. Free sound and no more lag btw shifts, PLUS you get huge fireballs!!!!

OK, definitely don't do that.... Before you go and put an atmospheric BOV on your car, why don't you just try removing the intake silencer. You'll get some of the sound you want with none of the performance loss of a BOV.

For the record, I had a TXS Type-H on my car when I first installed my FMIC and I never realized how badly it was affecting performance until I swapped it out for an H34 recirculating valve. Idle became smoother, no more stupid flames shooting out between shifts, and no more misfires.

Stay with the stock BPV as long as you can; if you get an FMIC and start running crazy boost, just get a better recirculating valve. Until you get standalone EMS that uses MAP instead of MAF, don't vent to the atmosphere....
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys are mean. This is the first time I've seen this question, and I would also like the answer.

WOW...Brian that video is hilarious! "is he AWD!?"

im guessing that guy is local....i spotted the "GRD" sticker on the rear window
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywrx
    WOW...Brian that video is hilarious! "is he AWD!?"

im guessing that guy is local....i spotted the "GRD" sticker on the rear window

yeah I think he's a moderator on mwmadness, actually I think both the kids are.

OK, so I think I found what I was looking for. From what you're all saying, stay away from the aftermarket BOV's untill I'm boosing like 100 PSI. I've seen a lot of videos and I liked the sound, but the drivability is s lot more important.

Quote Originally Posted by 04WRXR
    OK, so I think I found what I was looking for. From what you're all saying, stay away from the aftermarket BOV's untill I'm boosing like 100 PSI. I've seen a lot of videos and I liked the sound, but the drivability is s lot more important.
    ahhh that's better.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.