"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 443
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; He'll find way more info about bov's and what not doing a 5 min search, than in the couple of ...

He'll find way more info about bov's and what not doing a 5 min search, than in the couple of posts in this thread. Don't think that just because some people said to try searching around that they were intentionaly trying to be jerks. Searching is for your own good
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SubieStylez
    Why people gotta be jerks just help the guy out. You should serach but i'll just answer it for you. If you get a 100% atmospheric bov (HKS SSQV) your going to run rich better shifts. Get a Hybrid bov (any maufacturer) and run 50/50 (50% of the air is vent back and 50% is "blown off") this way your satisfying the MAF and it won't keep injecting fuel in between shifts, but you still get the sound you want.
    the reason why we say search, is while giving ur answer is good, u dont explain anything all u say is dont get one cuase ur gonna run rich, if he does a search he will find info about the good and the bads of a bov, when he should get it, what mods will be better for him at this point in time, when it is a good time to get one and what kind is best for the mods he is planning, also if we always answer the question he will never be blessed with the sweetness that is search button, i wish i had done research before i started modding my car there is a lot of things i would have done different. if we really wanted to be jerks we coulda flamed him for not searching
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

I wanted to stop it even before it began.
    Sold the WRX bought a '06 Evo IX MR and sorry to say never looked back

BOV question for newbie...

OK, so before anyone yells at me I already did a search and couldn't find a common answer. I want the sound...I want the sound...I want the sound! I've read that different BOV's can change your lean/rich mixture. Is this true? If so which does this and which is better? I know there are plenty of differnet BOV's on the market and everyone seems to LOVE the "swoooosh" sound. I personally like the high pitch "chirp" sound. What is the best BOV on the market? Right now my car is stock, next month I'm going to get the Cobb Stage 1 kit and an HKS Hi Power Cat back exhaust. Wooohooo. Thanks.

If you go to the HKS website and search for the cat back exhaust and watch the video of the WRX with ehe Hi Power system, I wabt the BOV that's on that car!

Third blow off valve thread of the night. keep it up newbs.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

bah, don't BS us, you didn't search isht.
    Dave
    01 RS

somebody get this crap off the internet.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

What crawled up your a$$ and died?

Wow...some of us have issues with those that don't understand as much as others. For the record, I went to the search field, typed in BOV and didn find the answers to my questions after going through the first couple of pages. I didn't feel like spending hours searching for somethgin tha someone could give me an easy answer to. Isn't that the poing of web sites like this? I figured someone on here would be awesome enough to show me their knowledge.

But hey, if you don't know the answer and you just want to talk **** to make your self feel better, then go put replys on people threads that WANT to hear crap like that.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys...

maybe you want the SSVQ

I'm sure you can tell BOV are bad for your car, learn the hardway if you must =/

BTW (i have a TXS Rfl-Ti BOV for sale, sounds nice, I'll let it go below 100 bucks, PM me )
    Last edited by LeeC; 03-21-2006 at 09:53 PM.
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

yeah we don't mean to attack you, but every "new guy" wants the same answer to the same question, and people get really tired of it. Especially when it's bad for the car, sounds ricey (to most people), and ends up annoying the people who buy them.

Unless you plan to (really) tune the engine to run properly with the BOV, I wouldn't reccomend one. If you must, go with a good recirculating bypass valve (BPV).

Tip:
    try smarter searches. You could try searching for "BOV chirp" or "BOV sound clip" or something. Just "BOV" is a terribly general search.
    Dave
    01 RS

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    No. Please. Its rice.

But if you must Go Fast Bits makes a good BOV. Come in colors. They are around $200.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    [FONT=Arial
    Unless you plan to (really) tune the engine to run properly with the BOV, I wouldn't reccomend one. If you must, go with a good recirculating bypass valve (BPV).[/FONT]
    +1 50/50 recirculating is good. I would not go with a atmospherical.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

I have a HKS ssqv BOV and if u wana buy it u can. I got it for around 300. I will sell it to u for a good price, let me know. It was used for less than 3k miles and looks brand new.
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.

Did you read anything after you searched? I doubt it.

buy a kazoo, ricer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.