"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 442

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by DarkDvr That's why I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust setup which will be legal There is no ...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDvr
    That's why I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust setup which will be legal

There is no such thing in CA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What about the exhaust parts that have OE?
    For example AEM exhaust, quoting their official website:
    - "Every system is C.A.R.B. exempt, or pending C.A.R.B. exemption (50-state legal)"
    Only when sleeping do we make no mistakes. Mistakes are the privilege of the active person, who can start over and put things right. Ingvar Kamprad.

u can have an aftermarket catback system on your car so long as it doesn't go over 95 dB.

Anything else you change to the exhaust is pretty much illegal. Removing functioning cats for a hi flow cat is also illegal. If it has a carb sticker then it should be ok. But I'm guessing that's for the catback only.

Far the heat is what makes them work greaddy makes an exgust system that meets the db law its in fla too if u remove any cat and replace it with a hi flow do it at a shop and they can right a letter stating the old one wasn't work or was clogged and the its legal atleast in fla hope this helps

Ok, from what i know the BOV is illegal because of noise right? or is it because the air comming out is not clean. And if it is the noise that makes it illegal, what is the sound db of the BOV.
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.

Quote Originally Posted by wutamelin
    Ok, from what i know the BOV is illegal because of noise right? or is it because the air comming out is not clean. And if it is the noise that makes it illegal, what is the sound db of the BOV.
    its california there doesnt have to be a reason why its ''illegal'' if its aftermarket part without a carb sticker its illegal
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

After reading these stories over, and over, and over, and over.....again. I have come to the conclusion, that I want to take my car to Cali with the loudest exhaust and just about everything that would break Cali traffic laws just to spite the cops when they pull me over. I only say that because in KS we don't have ANY restrictions and they could not ticket me for anything that is allowed in my state.

Well I'm trading my downpipe and midpipe (: for stock ones.
    I'm pretty sure with stock DP/MP it will pass smog and sound. And that's not just my opinion. Now, the uppipe is cateless, for many reasons (hail cheezybacon, the catless uppiped monstah).. will they dig in there and check if an uppipe has a cat, if my smog check passes? Cuz if they give me a fail when I pass smog and sound... call me naive but I'll be *****ing furious and will try to do anything to beat that idiocy.
    Only when sleeping do we make no mistakes. Mistakes are the privilege of the active person, who can start over and put things right. Ingvar Kamprad.

BOV question

ok so now that i have my rex i want to know that if getting a BOV will lower the boost on my car, i have heard that adding this will lower your boost since the ecu is tempermental, is this true? also what BOV is recommended i was thinking of the HKS SSQV

you don't need one.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Banned
    just bang up the good ol' search button.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627
    just bang up the good ol' search button.
    yeah, while ur seaching hit up the CIA, MBC,
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Quote Originally Posted by G4ORCE
    ok so now that i have my rex i want to know that if getting a BOV will lower the boost on my car, i have heard that adding this will lower your boost since the ecu is tempermental, is this true? also what BOV is recommended i was thinking of the HKS SSQV
    A bov won't necesarily lower your boost, but it will make you run rich between shifts.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Why people gotta be jerks just help the guy out. You should serach but i'll just answer it for you. If you get a 100% atmospheric bov (HKS SSQV) your going to run rich better shifts. Get a Hybrid bov (any maufacturer) and run 50/50 (50% of the air is vent back and 50% is "blown off") this way your satisfying the MAF and it won't keep injecting fuel in between shifts, but you still get the sound you want.
    Sold the WRX bought a '06 Evo IX MR and sorry to say never looked back

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe I missed something, but I didnt see where anyone was a jerk here. They stated the facts while typing alot less....and adding more posts to another thread that has been beaten to death. And I think we need to be friendly to noobs as a hole....there was nothing rude in this thread.

And the stock BPV will hold until you do a turbo upgrade. There is no need to upgrade it and it's a "bling" mod. If it's a must for your coolness factor get a 50/50 like was stated above, but you wont see any gains from it and your tossing money away.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"