"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 44
Page 44 of 788 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144544 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; all that's well and good, but does the light still work?...

all that's well and good, but does the light still work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Which BOV do you have in mind?

Are you gonna go for 100% atmosphere or 50/50?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I haven't decided yet. I love the sound so 100 sounds appealing, but i don't know how quickly i'll tire of it and i don't like the idea of running rich... what do you guys suggest for the money for a 100% BOV? or which 50/50?
    autobahn storming scooby

Update on my APS BOV

Well after re-installing this thing 3 times, double checking and triple checking all the hoses and connections around the IC I have finally given up on it. The final draw was last night when it seemed like everything was going fine then when I was on my way home I floored it and at about 5k rpm I heard a hiss before I even let off the gas. I am thinking maybe its a bad unit, but either way I am sending it back for a refund and will stick with the stocker for now.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

you can get the GFB for about $200...its made specifically for the WRX so there are no motor issues of any kind (at least in 50/50 mode), and you don't have to weld a flange to it...also it comes with a 100% AND 50/50 option so you can try both and see what you like. if you follow the directions and have the right tooks shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes to do the job (well...maybe a little more if you've never done anythin glike it before....but once you've done it once...if you want to re-configure it and try theother option and then go back....its REALLY easy. just remember...the hose clamp on the return hose locks open if you have the proper hose clamp tool...if you don't get it to lock open you'll need at least 3 hands to do the job...and the space is to tight you probably won't get 3 hands in there.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Sorry to hear that. Re-post if funny stuff occurs when you put the stock back on.

I haven't had any problems with the stock bov since I put it on this morning. The car actually seems smoother now, maybe the unit was defective. If anything else comes up I will be sure to post it here.

My Mods

Hmmm. I just PMed you concerning the BOV. It sound like it is installed wrong or it is defective. My BOV went on with ease, never leaked, and the car ran great from the first startup. My digital cam is all charged up for my uppipe install. I'll snap a pic of mine for you so you can check your install. It is highly frustrating to install something without directions and even worse when Cobb takes five days to reply to emails. I actually flew blind and figured mine out, but I have a Mechanical Engineering degree too.

I post a pic and explanation ASAP!

[Moderator]This belongs in engine performance.[/Moderator]

-Jim

I think I had everything installed right, the screws were only able to fit in one hole so I couldn't have screwed that up. It will probably be awhile before cobb e-mails me back about a return so I will have to double check you pictures with what I had. But as of now everything is working better with the stock BOV.

My Mods

You may have got a rare defect. Even the best manufacturers can't get em all right.

You'll be happy with the replacement.

-Jim

Kanos,

Here you go, buddy. This pic show my adjustment points, but is blurry because the flash went off and the BOV is shiny.

For future reference, it it REALLY CONFUSING to other members if you start THREE threads on the same topic. Anything related to the engine belongs in "Engine Performance." That forum gets just as much traffic as "Everyday." Thanks in advance.

-Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aps bov top sm.jpg  

hahahhahah

very funny bill

everything is working good. and yes i am a dumb ass for my mistake. i just moved in to clemson today and i am meeting with a fellow wrx er. let me know about the nopi tour .

Sweet, good to hear. Is the Kartboy Shifter in the works?
    02 WRB Wagon...gettin' the groceries...very quickly.

ya man

ya the kartboy short throw shifter, bushings, and shift knob are in the works. 155 for all three. what do you think about that ? good or bad deal.

That sounds pretty good actually. The shifter and bushings are 125 from Kartboy and the knob is 40 on its own. Sounds good to me.
    02 WRB Wagon...gettin' the groceries...very quickly.