"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 428
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; does anybody have them that can email them to me or know where i can find them. hks charges 10 ...

hks bov instuctions

does anybody have them that can email them to me or know where i can find them. hks charges 10 to email them and i dont really wanna pay that. thanks kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1. Open the hood
    2. Remove the stock valve from the intercooler (2 10mm bolts) - keep the gasket for use with the new one
    3. Remove the small hose from the valve
    4. Remove the large hose from the valve
    5. Plug the large hose with the plug that came with the HKS BOV
    6. Attach the HKS BOV to the intercooler using the original bolts
    7. Attach the small hose to the HKS BOV
    8. Close the hood
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    1. Open the hood
    2. Remove the stock valve from the intercooler (2 12mm bolts) - keep the gasket for use with the new one
    8. Close the hood
    thanks for the answer even though its a smartass answer. i also fix it for you. i know how to install it i want the instructions. like what does the nut on the back do? and other things.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    1. Open the hood
    2. Remove the stock valve from the intercooler (2 10mm bolts) - keep the gasket for use with the new one
    8. Close the hood
    #9, rev engine and go PSSSSH PSSSSHHHH PSSSSH. Drive around taunting other srt-4's.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    #9, rev engine and go whistle whistle whistle. Drive around taunting other srt-4's.
    fix for you too

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin
    thanks for the answer even though its a smartass answer. i also fix it for you. i know how to install it i want the instructions. like what does the nut on the back do? and other things.
    seemed like a legit answer to me

the real instructions are probably in Japanese.

it isn't hard to install....it is all common sense. I installed mine with out any instructions.

We need a how to install BOV sticky cuz everyone asks about it so much. we should then include a side note that you more than likely be uninstalling it maybe a week later...

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    seemed like a legit answer to me

the real instructions are probably in Japanese.

No ****, ****ing ricers getting all sandy gashed about someone giving them a correct answer.

Edit:

search, it's been covered a million times. Welcome to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    No ****, ****ing ricers getting all sandy gashed about someone giving them a correct answer.

Edit:

search, it's been covered a million times. Welcome to the internet.
    do you even read posts before you open you mouth? i dont think so. ive already said i do not need instructions on how to install it, but what the nut on the back does. You can adjust it for some reason. i just dont know what becasue i do not know how to read japanesse.

and since it doesnt seem like you know how to read ive put it in brail for you also ...:.:::.:::.:.....::::....::::::

Peachypumpkincheeks

and since it doesnt seem like you know how to read ive put it in brail for you also ...:.:::.:::.:.....::::....::::::
    very clever!

But I don't think you'll find that answer in this forum because most people removed their BOVs so fast they didn't have time to find out what the adjustable nut on the back does!

You should try Nasioc...there's a lot more opinions over there on this subject and so they may be a bit more helpful in answering this particular question.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    very clever!

But I don't think you'll find that answer in this forum because most people removed their BOVs so fast they didn't have time to find out what the adjustable nut on the back does!

You should try Nasioc...there's a lot more opinions over there on this subject and so they may be a bit more helpful in answering this particular question.
    thanks for the nice answer with some real info. but i have tried and nobody has them. ill probably just send hks the 10$ so they can mail me instructions in english.

Peachypumpkincheeks

thanks for the nice answer with some real info. but i have tried and nobody has them. ill probably just send hks the 10$ so they can mail me instructions in english.
    NP. Yeah, buying the instructions--that's probably your best option. Just make sure you can get your money back if THEY don't tell you what it's for!!!! Maybe it's just cosmetic? lol
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

i just dont know what becasue i do not know how to read japanesse.

You might as well learn Japanesse.....you will get an answer fast that way than on here.

its shows pictures on the box but no english info to tell you what your adjusting. but maybe your right, just a nice black cosmetic upgrade on an already HUGE bov

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.