"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 423
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I like BOVs. And I'm a girl. And I'm blonde. /flame on...

Peachypumpkincheeks

I like BOVs. And I'm a girl. And I'm blonde. /flame on

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chimchim
    Thank you.

My sanity has returned and I don't want the sound anymore.
    I also have an 06 wagon and installed the K&N drop-in filter along side with stage1 cobb base map. Everytime let off the gas, a very noticeable (with stereo volume down) "wwhooosshhh comes through. If you take out the silencer elbow, I'm sure it will get a bit more dramatic. Now that I'm at a stage 2, i can't tell the difference because the downpipe noise covers it

My friend put a TurboXS RFL blowoff valve on his stock 05 STi, and it sounded fun for about 5 minutes, but his car ran like sh***. It was backfiring, idle was rough and sometimes stalled, it was awful. Good thing it was a freebie.

my .02
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...duct=FMDVSUB02
    Its a recirculating valve just like stock but give the sound clip a listen.Now imagine silencer/snorkus removed.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Installed my Agency BOV 3 weeks ago. works like a charm no boging no richness no abnormal idle no change. i have it set for 50/50 and the spring tension is set very hard just like the stock. it's so right because it only blows off when im at WOT around .8.5 bar - full boost. so no boost creep or leak. it doesn't even seem like i got it installed because i only have about 1,050 mile on my STI. Full synthetic today

BOV question.... It's not what you think

So a bought my car used and it came with a afternarket BOV. I recently replaced it with the stock unit, however I'm afraid I missed installing a part in the process, I'm not sure though because the car runs fine since reinstalling it.

When I took the aftermaket unit off there was an o-ring in the BOV that I did not reuse when installing the stock unit. My question is, other than the gasket inbetween the BOV and intercooler are there any other gaskets/o-rings or parts that I might have missed. I don't think I missed anything since the car runs great, I just want to be sure. Thanks for any help.

there should only be 1 gasket between the i/c and the recirc valve. just as long as the bolts are torqued right and the hoses are in the right order. you stated the car is running fine so seems that you got it. which brand was the aftermarket bov ?
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

I have no idea. I'm going to try and find out some information on it cause I would like to sell it if I could. It is appearently a 50/50 atmosphere/recirculating split. It says GFB on the top. I'm going to look into it and see what I can find.

Thats Go Fast Bits aint it. and its suposto be a pretty good one
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Yeah, that's the one. I just found it. It's a WRX Hybrid (non adjustable). Looks like it's pretty pricey if you get them new.

if it was set up 100% atmo you may have missed the return hose?

two hoses attatch to the stock BOV. The return hose and the signal hose. Also, make sure the signal hose didn't get kinked somewhere because that will mess up the opening/closing action. Make sure the BOV isn't stuck too..try sucking on the return hose nipple (to simulate a vaccum) and push on the valve with your finger...you should be able to get to to move a little bit. Also, make sure the OTHER end of the return hose is attatched. Some people disconnect the OTHER end of the return hose to change the sound the BOV makes.

make sure the hose clamps are tight. I ended up replacing the spring clamp on the return hose with a regular screw-type clamp...its MUCH easier to install/remove and I got tired of almost losing an eye every time I need to pull the IC.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

you cant just crank up boost pressure without compnesating for it with the ECU. You need to either have your chip reprogrammed or get an engine management system if you want it to run right and not blow up. I also sure hope youre running 93 or higher octane
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

greddy rs bov LEAKING?

I just installed a GReddy RS BOV on a 2002 WRX and noticed a slight hissing noise comming from the BOV area at idle. When you rev it a little the sound dissapears but returns after a min at idle again. Is that a boost or vacuume leak?- i double checked the hose clamps for tightness. Also I just read that an atmospheric type BOV can hurt performance on cars like these that are ment to recirculate the air. Any truth to that? Thanks guys-
    Gabe

bov performance hits/ problems have been covered a thousand times on this board this week. Search. .

As for the bov leaking. Ensure it's not your vaccum lines first. Did you buy it new or used? If used have you opened it up to see if the prior owner cut the springs at all on it?

Edit: spring; typeS=1 spring RS = 2 springs.

STi's with Forge BOV...

Hey guys i just got done installing my Forge BOV which sounds sweet. Car runs fine. I also have a K&N typhoon intake system. I just have a quick question, Is anyone running stock boost and the forge on an STi? and can you tell me which spring and how many spacers you are using? btw i will post up some pics and if anyone would like me to a step by step on the install.

Wow no one? come on now i know most of you hate intakes and BOVs but i bought an Intake that is actually good for the car and the Forge BOV is supposed to be considered one of the only ones to not hurt the cars performance.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.