"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 422

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; bump. i put the new downpipe/racepipe gasket on and it didnt change the sound. looking for some new ideas here ...

bump.

i put the new downpipe/racepipe gasket on and it didnt change the sound. looking for some new ideas here if anyone has any...

bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I guess you could call it tuning...had my car dyno tuned at KTR Performance in Ayer, MA with ECUTek. Ever since then, the afterfire has been at a minimum (some days it doesn't even "pop' at all).

I thought the aftermarket BOV problems were with the 02-03's. Had a BOV and ram air Greddy/HKS Intake for about 20,000 miles with no problems (only other mods at the time were UP, DP and SPT catback) and definitely no stalling on an '04. Just a lot of afterfire until the re-tune above.

I could be wrong and just have a freak car though. But yes, I do totally agree that people with pump street tunes aren't going to be exceeding 19psi.

I am still pretty much a noob and don't claim to be an expert on the subject though.

You might want to check the manifold to uppipe gasket to see if there is a leak. I know you probably didnt remove the uppipe during the turbo work, but when you put the turbo back on you could of forced the uppipe to an angle and caused the up-manifold seal to have been lost. The only reason I say to check this is because the same thing happend to me, and it was not the typical exhaust leak sound either, it had the same hissing noise. Other than that I think it is probably somewhere in your charging track.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

thanks for the idea. i actually ported my manifold last week and noticed a small amt of carbon buildup on my manifold/uppipe gasket which would indicate a slight leak so it needs to be replace anyways. the sound didnt change after i put the manifold back on though so i never suspected it was a problem.
    tomorrow i am hoping to replace both uppipe gaskets and also put new oil line banjo bolt washers on all 4 spots because im' getting a slow leak there.
    hopefully just pulling the turbo and replacing the gaskets and such will cure my problems, knowingly or not.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

A good option is to just pull the silencer. You'll hear the bpv with the windows down, but it doesn't intrude on daily driving comfort much.

I remember when I had a TurboXS Type-H. It was so cool for 3 days, then I wanted to wear earmuffs just to drive around town. I switched to a recirculating valve and it's like having a luxury car in comparison. Plus I don't stumble at idle any more...
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

can't we all just get along.
    i question the commraderie between all of us Scooby lovers. we don't show love like other car cliques show to each other. this is funnier than them giving each other reach-arounds though.

damn ignorant people need to learn. STOP BEING STUPID AND GET AN EDUCATION ! ! ! i swear if these people spent half as much time learning as they do beatin it to Michael Jackson videos we would all be driving hydrogen power rockets . . . or just have lower gas prices.

Need Help with Install real quick...

i just got this BOV

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AAQ%3AUS%3A1#s

and i got the greddy type rs bov flange from titanmotorsports.com

it doesnt bolt up to the 2 stock holes from the stock bov... is this correct??

it should, and if it doesn't than you need to get a different flange or just ditch the BOV and stay with the stocker which is plenty enough.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

bov

+1

Get ready to deal with the ****ing dual springs on that, I'd worry about it more if I didn't have antisurge ports. . . hopefully they do their jobs. If you do have surge issues you're liekly not going to be able to cure them with the adjuster screw, get ready to play grabass with the springs.

Looking at mine I can't imagine that it would bolt to the stock WRX or STI tmic without an adapter of some type.

Did you get the Recirc kit?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Looking at mine I can't imagine that it would bolt to the stock WRX or STI tmic without an adapter of some type.
    ^ you are correct...the proper flange-style should look like this..but would mate to a Greddy Bov instead of a TXS...

1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

i dunno what these guys are talkin bout with problems associated with the bov.. my car idle's fine and when it blows off it does not stall

and yes.. i bought it because i like the way it sounds
    '14 SWP STI

Is there a way to remove the mbc once its on. A friend of mine bought a used wrx.He dosent know what to do with it. He turned it up just kept crakin it he said and he couldnt tell a diffrence. Would it be saffer to remove it?
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Quote Originally Posted by scooby888
    I know someone who put the Perrin short ram intake on and his sound rivals my HKS SSQV BOV...it was the weirdest thing!
    +1 my perrin short ram allows you to hear a nice psssh sound and gave me a little more power with my vf34 setup. peace.
    peace,
    Ryan
    13.2, 103mph w/ cobb st.2.5
    now at 280whp and 270tq tuned by Jorge at P+L Motorsports
    300whp 300 tq on 100 oct. tuned by Jorge again

Quote Originally Posted by foschia
    +1 my perrin short ram allows you to hear a nice psssh sound and gave me a little more power with my vf34 setup. peace.
    ya i have a feeling that this is how the APS valve works, just when it lets off its loud and bov sounding..

anyone own the APS bov/bpv?
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...