"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 420

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://www.sunamiturbo.com/sunamiturbo.html there ya go haha...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Or maybe I should just make the "pfshshhh" sound with my mouth as I'm shifting, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006

pstttttt pssttttttttt 150$ for that.... i give it 5 thumbs down.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006
    Hahaha... yeah!!! Someone already produced my idea....

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    Yes, I'm perfecting my mouth sound effect. And that's free.

pffshhhhhh

pffssshhhhhh

pftsshhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7

+1 Don't do it. You could spend the money on something that actually makes your car go faster.

PSSHT noise is incredibly over rated. I took a ride in a friends EVO VIII which had a BOV and after 10 minutes I was pretty damn sick of it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    PSSHT noise is incredibly over rated. I took a ride in a friends EVO VIII which had a BOV and after 10 minutes I was pretty damn sick of it.

+1

Its cool to hear a car go bye with a BOV, but everday its going to be annoying IMO.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by chimchim
    Yes, this is only for fun/bling factor.

Is there anyway to do some mod so that you can hear the ultimately cool pfshshhhhh of a vent-to-atmosphere BOV on a stock WRX **WITHOUT** actually venting to air so you don't screw with the recirculation?

Maybe I need to rig up an MP3 of the "pfshshhh" and make a controller that plays that MP3 through my audio system whenever I let up on the gas pedal?

Or rig up a microphone near the recirc BOV and sound/heat shield it from everything else and mix that into the audio system.

Yes ... this is a STUPID BUT FUN PROJECT.
    Get some NOS...cool sound when you purge it...plus you can have it shoot out the hood!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

phhhhssssst! Gurlz wil throw demselfs at ur car wit da bling of da BOV, an it will make ur car teh fastarest in da hood!

Seriously, I'll pass......nothing is as lame as a recording of a BOV on a turbo car.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Step away from the BOV....
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Thank you.

My sanity has returned and I don't want the sound anymore.

Put a different intake on, supposedly Perrin's wont cause any problems.

I Support ClubWRX
    You could go with a K&N Typhoon short ram. Nice system, and you'll hear the stock bypass.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    This is good.

You're going to school and you've taken all this information from your text books that you've been studying and you can't even spell cylinder correctly? Talk about inspiring confidence. . .

cylender

I'm done here, you've already agreed to some of the negatives to owning a show off valve, and they by far outweigh any(none) positives on a mostly stock car.

The kid can search himself and find out whatever he'd like to know. There are plenty of people that have been doing this stuff for a living that have posted the opposite of what you're arguing. I'm not talking about first year students either.

You can believe "internet rumor" which has been stated by professionals time and time again that work in the industry. Or believe the one that's going to school to do this, yet can't spell cylinder.

Pretty cut and dried.

Enjoy your show off valves boys.

Wow, after all of that you come back by telling me I cant spell, yea spelling has never been one of my strong points, your point with that is? Yea thats really pertinent to your argument, all my information must be wrong because I cant spell right? ... I'm going to school to be a Tech not an English major, I'm sorry if my spelling isnt up to your high standerds, its a hell of alot better than alot what I see on these boards.

The information came from my textbook, that doesnt mean that I'm sitting here copying it verbatim out of the book, (actually the books were in my car) if I had to copy it out of the textbook then I probably wouldnt have a 98% GPA in class right now.

And where did you ever get that I was a first year student from? you dont know me and have no idea where I've been to school or what I have done for a living.

I guess when you dont know what your talking about the only thing you have left to argue with is spelling, I'm glad you know so much about cars and didn't even know what cold start enrichment was must be your pride is just to inflated to admit you might be wrong so you have to grab for whatever you can reach, even I can admit that I cant spell.

And so far I have never seen a single professional state that an atmospheric BOV will damage anything, I've heard pleanty of them state that it wont improve performance on a close to stock vehicle (which is true), but I have yet to see any acounts of one actually damaging anything (the rumour that your perpetuating).
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'