"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 413
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by IronMedic ...... i think u should really research these topics much better before u add to the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMedic

i think u should really research these topics much better before u add to the buffoonery.

Dude, I'm sorry, I was just kidding. After reading that thread I just had to post that. Your last line is freakin classic tho.. buffoonery..

I might have to sig that..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha, give the n00bs a break... they just want to sound like they have a fast car... they probably came from driving some slow pos, so even if they kill the performance with a bov, it'll be the fastest thing they've ever driven.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by testes1010
    ^ I disagree w/ this statement, but to each his own....

but yes, for a stock wrx or near stock, hell even less than a STG4 the stock air box works very efficiently....you do not need a CAI or SRI....or BOV....or TT....

i never had any issues with a short ram. i only got it cuz i was getting the FMIC very shortly
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by timber
    Dude, I'm sorry, I was just kidding. After reading that thread I just had to post that. Your last line is freakin classic tho.. buffoonery..

I might have to sig that..

hahah thanks man i have always wanted to be someone's sig
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

I Support ClubWRX
    Will the stock BOPV work with Hondata #8? I did a search and all that came up was a page on cerebral palsy. Thx.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

The guy has a point, while I would never put a BOV, CAI, or any other showpiece on my car at the sacrafice of performance, looks do matter in a car.

Otherwise, so many people wouldn't have *****ed when the new 06 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by matt30
    The guy has a point, while I would never put a BOV, CAI, or any other showpiece on my car at the sacrafice of performance, looks do matter in a car.

Otherwise, so many people wouldn't have puked when the new 06 came out.
    don't know what you typed but I fixed it....
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Will the stock BOPV work with Hondata #8? I did a search and all that came up was a page on cerebral palsy. Thx.

"Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

I just don't understand some people. Why is it soooo hard to do a search to get information. I am a noob to this forum and a noob to the sport compact world but are by no means a noob to car modifications. I had the same questions about the BOV and CAI for the wrx but I searched and found my answer that they are useless and thats why no one has seen a post of me asking these questions.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    I just don't understand some people. Why is it soooo hard to do a search to get information. I am a noob to this forum and a noob to the sport compact world but are by no means a noob to car modifications. I had the same questions about the BOV and CAI for the wrx but I searched and found my answer that they are useless and thats why no one has seen a post of me asking these questions.

Aww..go ahead... you're allowed one or two
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

GFB bov or WORX bov for going 50/50?

Alright, I will start off by saying I know everyone hates BOV's, and this questions does not concern me or my car, it's for a friend that doesn't have a computer. I would never put a aftermarket BOV on my 13.330 second 1/4 mile stage 2 wrx. But anyways I told him if he HAS to get one, either go with the GFB or the WORX, that way he can go 50/50 and it won't be as bad of a "buck" in between shifts. Which one do you guys recommend?. One over the other?. I know the worx you can go 25/75, 50/50, and 0/100, and i think the GFB only going 50/50, and 0/100. The worx sounds like it's better. I dunno......Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Blow off valves

Anyone runing a HKS Blow-off valve ?
    Any problems with it ?
    Burning Rich ?
    And suggestions on a good blow-off valve ?

Try using the search feature. It works better on this site than a blowoff valve will on your car.

Beat me to it Brian.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Since no one will give you a straight answer.

Don't get a blow off valve. These cars do not respond well to them. Not to mention your WRX will sound like a rat on steroids. Wait to get a BOV when you have modified your car enough to NEED an FMIC, and then get a blitz, they sound much better than the ear piercing whistle of the HKS. By that time you will be able to tune for your BOV since you will have some sort of engine management.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.