"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 409
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag 13.5 psi ^ yes, on the 2.0L wrx's, on the '06 2.5L WRX I'm not sure.......

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    13.5 psi
    ^ yes, on the 2.0L wrx's, on the '06 2.5L WRX I'm not sure....
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Yay for Timmmy
    so jealous of the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmy
    so jealous of the wagon.
    Thanks - it's an auto-x car. Koni Inserts/GC Coilovers with 400lbs springs/ STX Protune/22 mm FSB/Cusco adj. RSB/Bride Brix 2 seats/harness etc. + big wheels and sticky tires

I plan on autocrossing my wagon. I will be pretty much stock to start with. Only mods are intake silencer delete, cobb stage 1, eagle f1's on stockers, and (not that it helps performance)STI scoop.

I plan on doing RSB, stiffen up the chasis a bit and something in the strut department, but not coilovers.

Oh yeah.. some schrath(mispelled I think) harnesses.

Before you do anything, read the rules very carefully about what you can do in each class. In your case, stock class is DS and then next up is STX. STI hood scoop is not allowed in either class and nor is Cobb Stage 1. You can either run the stock map or run Cobb's STX map.

See the racing forum for lots more info.

I don't care so much about winning. Just there to drive like a maniac. I will probably go into whatever class I need to given my current mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmy
    I don't care so much about winning. Just there to drive like a maniac. I will probably go into whatever class I need to given my current mods.
    Nothing wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by Junkboxer
    lol holy crap man. why dont you just answer my question? id do a search but everytime i do, its another thread about sum1 asking a simple question with members like yourself telling him to search. if ppl just sucked it up and answered every1s question there would be such a huge amount of good info in the search finds. slowly ppl would start asking less questions becasue once they popped whatever it is they wanted in the search space they would find there answer in 2 seconds. they wouldnt search, find 50 threads about somehting that isnt really explain right cause they are told to search. sorry im really gettin into this but i see this goin on in every forum i go to and its so annoying. i really dont mind seeing a question answered 50 times. its actually better, youll see a range of more ppls views.

dude, half the people who come here dont even do a search for BOV's. they just ask the same question all the time. i read these bov threads all the time and they ignore any "use the stock bov" question and just buy one anyways. what is the point in asking the question if u are gonna buy it regardless what we think. afterall, anyone with a post count of 500 or more are newbs and dont know jack about the WRX. most people try to buy a recirc aftermarket bov but the stock is a recirc. so u are throwing $200-300 away. might as well paypal it to me for free if u are just giving money away. i could sure use the cash to buy running boards for my SSR.
    Last edited by IronMedic; 03-11-2006 at 07:27 PM.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMedic
    dude, half the people who come here dont even do a search for BOV's. they just ask the same question all the time. i read these bov threads all the time and they ignore any "use the stock bov" question and just buy one anyways. what is the point in asking the question if u are gonna buy it regardless what we think. afterall, anyone with a post count of 500 or more are newbs and dont know jack about the WRX. most people try to buy a recirc aftermarket bov but the stock is a recirc. so u are throwing $200-300 away. might as well paypal it to me for free if u are just giving money away. i could sure use the cash to buy running boards for my SSR.
    i disagree about wasting your money. its to each his own really. some people do really like the sound of a VTA. and by some people i mean anybody ive ever spoken too lol. its such a nice sound, well depending which brand you get. thats why i this the one by APS is great. you get the best of both worlds. it will recirculate but once you push your car hard it will start VTA. now i know what i said starts a whole other argument "WHaaaAAaa if you do it for sound then u r ricer." thats just gay but im not getting into that and thats not what this thread is about.

ricer

I Support ClubWRX
    i disagree about wasting your money. its to each his own really. some people do really like the sound of a VTA. and by some people i mean anybody ive ever spoken too lol. its such a nice sound, well depending which brand you get. thats why i this the one by APS is great. you get the best of both worlds. it will recirculate but once you push your car hard it will start VTA. now i know what i said starts a whole other argument "WHaaaAAaa if you do it for sound then u r ricer." thats just gay but im not getting into that and thats not what this thread is about.
    Replacing a perfect functioning part with one that doesn't function quite as well is wasting your time.

Well, I'm off to replace my brand new tires with some bald ones, and to replace my good brake pads with some worn ones.

Get a handheld airhorn.

1.) cheaper than a show off valve
    2.) causes no rich conditions
    3.) is much louder. All the people you usually impress with your show off valve at taco bell or your local highschool parking lot will now hear you blocks away.
    4.) easy install
    5.) you can slip it under your seat and hide it when you're about to get your cock knocked off by someone that spent their money on power mods instead of rice.
    6.) you can hold it upside down and use the c02 to burn your skin.

toot toot

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Replacing a perfect functioning part with one that doesn't function quite as well is wasting your time.

Well, I'm off to replace my brand new tires with some bald ones, and to replace my good brake pads with some worn ones.
    why dont you educate me or whoever doesnt know and tell us why its not as functional instead of wasting a post.

why dont you educate me or whoever doesnt know and tell us why its not as functional instead of wasting a post.

Because every other day some somethingteen year old kid whose parents just bought him a car comes on here and asks the same ****ing question. Why don't you use the search feature and not be like every other ricer.

I Support ClubWRX
    A: It's not my job to educate you, you should educate yourself. Especially when you have the information at your fingertips.
    B: You are arguing how effective this mod is, I thought you were already educated.
    C: I hate to say it, but do a search!
    D: The WRX has a bypass valve that dumps air back in to the intake. The air ISN'T METERED . Take the air away, and the car stumbles. The factory BPV is a perfect working unit up to about 19psi. Replacing it with something that makes the car stumble is fargen idiotic.
    E: I'll be here all week for any other non-searched n00b questions.

-TR
    Last edited by Trainrex; 11-10-2005 at 11:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.