"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 404
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ANY downpipe is better than the HKS downpipe....

ANY downpipe is better than the HKS downpipe.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanx for the help

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    It is a known issue that 02-05 WRX transmission has weak gears.
    That is not really the case. I believe it was Rallispec that took apart the 04 transmission and proved that the teeth had been widened to the same thickness as the RA gears. There is a post about this in the Powertrain section. So to say that the 04's and the late 03's are weak is not really the case.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT
    That is not really the case. I believe it was Rallispec that took apart the 04 transmission and proved that the teeth had been widened to the same thickness as the RA gears. There is a post about this in the Powertrain section. So to say that the 04's and the late 03's are weak is not really the case.
    the 2002 trannies were known to blow up. it is true that they buffed up the gears a little for the 04-05.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    the 2002 trannies were known to blow up. it is true that they buffed up the gears a little for the 04-05.
    Yea thats true. Not all the gears are weak. Anyway I figured Id throw in some good comments in here since this thread is pointless
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Ghetto Bov

another ghetto mod from the genious(or really bored and cheap) mind of me. I wanted a good blow off sound but didn't want to spend $200+ on a BOV. I removed the hose running from the stock diverter valve and plugged it using a 2" flex hose cover from Lowe's. It sounds nice and pretty loud. To remove the hose, you need to unbolt the diverter valve from the intercooler and use pliers to loosen the clamp holding the hose on. The hose will be slightly hard to unclamp but its a pretty worthwhile mod.

um

Not trying to be rude, but you said worthwhile, how exactly are you benefiting from this again?
    Last edited by Jaxrex; 11-07-2005 at 02:39 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems like a waste of time and effort to make your car not run nicely...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

hmm

I Support ClubWRX

some pics!!!

lol

+2 for the

i cant say anything because for a couple weeks before i got my RFL TBE i ran without the mufler, but running no muffler doesnt do anything to the engine. i wouldnt be surprised if disconnecting the BOV isnt the best thing for the car. If you want the sound srping for a forge bov. they are only like 169 and work real well on the subys.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

Congrats on performing a really stupid task. Just so you know the stock BOV leaks slightly at idle i believe for correct MAF readings. I woudnt be suprised if you stall eveytime you throw the car in neutral
    2005 WRX STI Black/Gold

props for doing it DIY but you could use your skills for something more useful.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.