"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 400
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; some people have bad luck with BOV's, having problems as huge as engine failure, or at the very least, running ...

some people have bad luck with BOV's, having problems as huge as engine failure, or at the very least, running extremely rich.

BOV's are good for professional racers who run 30psi of boost.

rice = something that makes your car seem or look fast when it adds no performance whatsoever. BOV's are right down there with ridiculous body kits, 34 stickers on the driver's door, horribly painted interiors, and spinners. most people outgrow them by the time they hit puberty.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    most people outgrow them by the time they hit puberty.

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

click sig

Diverter Valve or BOV?

Does a diverter valve still have good sound between shifts? I hear lots of bad things about the bov's, like running rich between shifts. I just wanted to know if the diverter valve was worth getting or if it doesnt sound any diffrent from the stock bypass.

Your stock valve is a diverter valve. It works fine for boost pressures under 21 or so psi. No need to change it out until that modification level. They are, typically, quiet until you get an aftermarket intake. They make a subtle "whoosh" sound when you do have one.

Contrary to public opinion. I've been running a Forge BOV for over 30,000 miles from stock to stage 4. I have not had any issues with it. At least none that I am aware of.

blow off valve and NOS

Just wondering which blow off valve is best for my WRX. i was looking into the Worx blow off valvle. (looking for something that recurculates).

also would it be safe for me to add a Wet NOS kit with a 75 shot on stock internals. i have 860cc injector and walbro 255 lph fuel pump.

A different recirculating valve is pretty much pointless unless the stock valve isn't holding the boost you're running. Other than that there really isn't any point since recirculating valves are silent just like the stocker.

As far as your fuel pump and injectors go, they are definately part of the equation for a nitrous setup, but you definately need some engine management to make it all work properly. Personally, I wouldn't try it at all. It's very easy to run ultra mega lean with nitrous on a naturally aspirated motor as it is. Throwing nitrous into a forced induction situation just makes it that much harder to maintain a decent A/F ratio. The money spent on a nitrous system could be much better spent towards the cost of a turbo upgrade.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

im not trying to stay silent. i know that an aftermarket blow off valve that recuculates makes noise. i have 3 friends with EVO 8's and they all have BOV's that recerculate. they say that when they had BOV's that just blew into the atmasphere there idle droped ofter they would blow off and stop then it would come back to normal around 500 RPM

oem is your best bet. but from what dave @ kingpin says, around 17-19 psi the oem bov will leak.

ok so here is what i got.i dont have any instractions and because i ve been searchin all over the forum and i cant figure out what goes where .please if someone knows help .thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turbo xs bov.jpg  
    you can't arrest me am'a rock n roll star!!!
    RALLY ACROPOLIS-GREECE

sid
    -the solid metal plug goes to the recirculation hose.
    -the vacuum hose that's plugged into the stock bov goes to one end of the plastic filter, use one of the rubber hoses and plug into the other end of the plastic filter, the other end of that rubber hose goes to your after market bov.(you could probably shorten that rubber hose to make it fit better)
    -those two metal sleeves, you shouldn't need them

You don't have to be an ASE certified mechanic to figure it out.

First unbolt your stock BOV (i hope you know what that is).
    disconnect it from the hose then The cyclindrical soild thing goes into your return pipe to your turbo charger. (aka the red thing below the bov in the pic) this goes into the hose

You should only need one of the hoses if your bov is like mine and that it going to connect to the nipple on the bov and on the place where the stock bov connects to the pressure measurement gauge via a 90 degree angele hose on the stock BOV.

On second thought just search the net and find out how because i doubt you are understanding what i am telling you. sorry i couldn't help more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BOV.bmp  

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006
    You don't have to be an ASE certified mechanic to figure it out.

First unbolt your stock BOV (i hope you know what that is).
    i appreciate your help...but take it easy genius
    you can't arrest me am'a rock n roll star!!!
    RALLY ACROPOLIS-GREECE

The money can be spent better else wehre but my inner ricer came out and i got the hks haha i havent noticed any problems with it just a few pops in the exhaust but they sound cool so i try not to worry about them..i couldve spent the 200bucks on something else but ehh
    07 S2000..vortech..kw..comptech..volk

previous
    05 Evo traded
    05 S2000 rip
    05 STi traded

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    here ill post a video of me driving without silencer. you can hear the turbo spool up loudly, and when i get off the gas fast you can hear it go...."pshh" lol. youll like it. hopefully nothing is wrong with my car.... lol.

but ill post the video later on today
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.