"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 790 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You will barely be able to see the injectors once installed. They are tucked away. I'l take pics of the ...

God
    You will barely be able to see the injectors once installed. They are tucked away. I'l take pics of the intercooler though.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool, can you take pics of the inj. before the install tho.. a few of them So i have some goals to shoot for you know

God
    The engine? It actually doesn't look that interesting folks. I just don't have an airbox or heat shields on the turbo. Otherwise looks stock. The dealership guy didn't even know I had a different turbo. Super cool guy too. He wants me to get him a BPU package for his sister's car.

What's a BPU?
    Erik
    '02 Subaru WRX
    12.73@108.32
    287whp/277wtq

God
    Basic Performance Upgrade

Forge BOV noise???

I recently installed a Forge atmospheric BOV. When I'm driving the car and let off the throttle I hear a stuttering, multiple "psst, psst, psst, psst" instead of one quick "psst". I assume this means I have the wrong spring in the valve. Does this mean the spring is too strong or too weak? I was told the valve had the blue spring. Has anyone experienced this noise and if so, what spring/spacer combo have you had to use to fix this?

thanks,

Punk

When I first got mine, it would only release a full blow off at about 5-6k rpm. At anything lower, it was just a sputter. You need to get your hands on a weaker spring for the BOV. Contact the retailer you purchased it from, and they will send you the spring. I assume you got the bov from Atmosphere???
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Thanks Jigga - Forge is sending me the springs.

Punk

i have been looking at this bov...have you been happy with it. did you get the external venting...i am not sure which to get and whic one is better

my blitz has been doing that often ever since i put in synthetic. it usually doesit going up little inlclines like freeway onramps
    free food is the best food

My Forge BOV does the same thing. It stutters if it vents at less than half of full boost. After installing an MBC it stutters less since I reach full boost sooner.

Dale

I have on of those GFB BOV's set at 100% vent. This same problem has been with me since day one of the install. So the spring is to strong? That is the problem? Is the BOV itself making the noise or is it something else? I swear the noise is coming from the passenger side.

-- Rich

Turbo XS BOV? What are your thoughts.

I had one on my car for a while and I liked the noise it made and all. But I did not like the lag that it gave me inbetween shifts. It seemed like I had to really make sure I gave it a good amount of gas before I let the clutch back out. Also the car runs rich, so much so that you can see the tail pipes getting dirty from the unburned fuel.

My question: Does this only occur with the Turbo XS BOV or will this happen with any 100% Atmospheric BOV? Is there another BOV out there that is better?

tail pipes get dirty? Do you mean the inside?

God
    As for the excess fuel, that is normal. The stock ECU dumps way too much fuel in which is why the Unichip takes out fuel if you have the stock turbo.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.