"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 399
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX Yes ... it is. I guess I will never understand the facination with BOVs. +1 I ...

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Yes ... it is. I guess I will never understand the facination with BOVs.

+1 I had an intake on for a while (because I was stupid and didn't know what I was doing yet) and you could hear the bpv pretty well. I thought I'd miss it when I put the stock back on but honestly it was alot better not hearing psssh all the time.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

teh mad psshhhhttt pssshhhhhtttt.

I dono bout yall but mine sounds like a sneeze.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

GFB Hybrid Blow Off Valve

From what I've read blow off valves sound nice but can cause problems including running rich in between shifts. I came across the GFB BOV on this site (scroll down to view info):

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/04wrx-drivetrain.html

Here's a quote: "The hybrid design allows the valve to be configured to return a portion of the vented air to the inlet, meaning no more air flow meter problems and a great sound."

Does this mean no reliability or engine problems with this BOV?

Also: "It is a little known fact that the factory blow-off valve is actually designed to leak at boost pressures exceeding the factory level."

So with an increase with boost, from EM would the BOV actually help throttle response?

i have this BOV. It doesn't "increase throttle respons" or whatever, it makea psssh noise in between shifts, and it doesn't cause a CEL or anything bad. I enjoy mine thouroughly
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

BOV Question

I wanted to know if a BOV upsets the performance of the stage 2 AP map. I plan on getting the forge bov very soon, but was wondering if it mattered with the AP. I know that bov's arent important unless your pushing ridiculous boost pressure, but I am hooked on the sound.

BOV upsets performance, period!

Do a search - you might learn a lot.

yea i just did a whole lot of searching, but what about a forge diverter valve? it gives your the recirculation, but does it give good sound?

I give up - have fun

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    I give up - have fun
    its hard to fight ignorance with intelligence

By the way.... take out your intake silencer, add high flow filter, increase ACTUAL performance and you will hear your BPV. I hear mine loud and clear everyday with my silencer removed and a fram air hog and that is it.

I have one. Its ok, its really nice looking if that counts for anything. Very unique sound, kinda like a tidal wave . Other than that I have had no problems other than trying to get it dialed in right, I keep getting the feeling that it is too tight or too loose.
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

it amazes me that a BOV is rice to you when its something even professional racers use FOR performance.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMENTED
    it amazes me that a BOV is rice to you when its something even professional racers use FOR performance.
    Not on a Subaru with a stock turbo they don't!

Quote Originally Posted by DEMENTED

The car already has a BPV which works better than a BOV on a stock turbo. A BOV is just unecessary unless you want the PSSH noise.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

point made... but to call it "rice"? thats ridiculous. lol

but anyway... as much as i like the "sound", im goin to keep it stock... at least until someone comes out with a better sounding "hybrid" BOV or if i happen to swap out the turbo for a bigger one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.