"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 391

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey, same noise, without the disadvantages! and you can put it on your OTHER car, your bike...heck you could just ...

hey, same noise, without the disadvantages! and you can put it on your OTHER car, your bike...heck you could just carry it walking down the street and people will think YOU have a BOV.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    hey, same noise, without the disadvantages! and you can put it on your OTHER car, your bike...heck you could just carry it walking down the street and people will think YOU have a BOV.
    i may just get a short ram intake, i suppose that will make it louder.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon
    i may just get a short ram intake, i suppose that will make it louder.
    Do a search for intakes. They have their fair share of problems as well.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    Do a search for intakes. They have their fair share of problems as well.
    well i read that cai have problems, but stuff like the k&n typhoon short ram which have their own heat shields look harmless....

Registered User CyberneticEmcee's Avatar

LoL

If you have an exhaust you won't be able to hear the intake. LoL. I like the tread about the making the noise with the mouth though. LoL. Now that's original. LoL

Blow Off valves

Im getting an STI very shortly and I want to buy blow off valves first thing, just wondering if anyone else has done this and would recomment a brand.

uhm, im just a wrx owner, but i'd recommend getting something else then a bov. maybe, tbe? just my 2 cents.

keep the stocker on.
    use the money on sumthing better than bov.
    03' C i

i'm loving mine..
    it used to be wrapped in STi wrinkled red,
    but i scraped'em all off.. since my car wasn't so "STi'-ish. xD
    Time to get some new stuff for my car..
    03' C i

Talking

I assume that the USDM has the same ECUs setup as the AUS spec models, If so you have to use either a full plumback BOV or DUAL port to route the air back to your turbo inlet.

Stock is only good for 15Psi over that and then it acts as a pop off valve, you can still produce more than 15psi eg 17+ but your turbo will work harder to do it....

Running too rich is not good for your car either, In most cases in AUS spec you must do an ECU upgrade to see any major benefits from exhaust ,Filter and other accessories.
    I would bet your cars are the same...

Are you guys seeing the same thing when you Dyno your cars after these types of Mods?
    Running RICH.
    What RON fuel do you guys run on?

Gday from OZ.

VF34 should also run about 400hp at the crank, its Not hard to get 300hp from a TD04.

Blow-off hose

i got an hks blow off valve and when i took my stock one off theres a large hose that leads to my intake and clamped on to my stock blow-off. my new one doesnt have the hole for that hose.. it just attaches to my intercooler.. what should i do with that hose? is it ok to not use it?
    12.1 @ 117

Plug it. Thats the difference between stock and an atmospheric BOV. It will make you run rich during shifts. You make the judgement call if you want to run the BOV....

what will running rich during shifting do? i plugged the hose and the BOV is working.. it may be just me but when i shift it feels like my rpms go down faster.. and when i give it gas an let off fast i hear the BOV and then a single POP from my exhaust..
    12.1 @ 117

It doesnt really hurt anything but it will probably foul your spark plugs a bit earlier than normal. The recirculation of the stock bypass valve is rumored to keep the tubo spooled in between shifts, therefore more air -- more fuel causing the richness inbetween shifts. That extra little bit of fuel is being expelled into your exhaust and is likely ignited inside causing a "pop" and more than likely a visible flame from your exhaust tip.
    Mods - Perrin Uppipe, Crucial Racing Downpipe, SPT/Bosal Catback, Samco IC Hoses, Cobb Stage 2, K&N Panel, GPMoto Intake Elbow.

www.negativesource.com