"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 390

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; do you guys have stage 1s or 2s...

do you guys have stage 1s or 2s
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    do you guys have stage 1s or 2s

stage 4's
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

you know what i meant
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

Not sure I do. You mean 1st gen. or 2nd gen.? I have the 1st gen., with the "loud" ring.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

yeah thats what i meant
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

recirculating Forge BOV

Did some in-depth searching with no sucess, im fairly sure that i want to go with the recirculating forge bov, any opinions on it?

More specifically, does it make a noticable sound like the atmoshperic ones? I know ForgeMotorsports made a comment that yes it makes a sound but not as loud as the atmoshere ones (obviously), but i wanted to know if anybody has experienced it firsthand, and if so, soundclips?

thanks.

Buying an aftermarket recirculating valve is pretty much pointless unless your stock reciculating valve can't handle the boost you're running. Typically the stock recirculating valve is good for 19-20 psi. If you're not running boost higher than 19-20 psi, all you're gonna get is another valve that does exactly the same thing that your stocker does now, and no, I doubt it will be any louder.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    Buying an aftermarket recirculating valve is pretty much pointless unless your stock reciculating valve can't handle the boost you're running. Typically the stock recirculating valve is good for 19-20 psi. If you're not running boost higher than 19-20 psi, all you're gonna get is another valve that does exactly the same thing that your stocker does now, and no, I doubt it will be any louder.
    ah, that sucks. i basicly wanted a bov that didnt have any of the issues/drawbacks that the atmospheric ones did, but made the noise. guess you cant have the best of both worlds huh.

If you want noise, buy yourself an uppipe and downpipe. You'll get a nice kick in the pants and happy turbo noises as well.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    If you want noise, buy yourself an uppipe and downpipe. You'll get a nice kick in the pants and happy turbo noises as well.
    that was on the list but further down....

If you ask me, the uppipe should be THE FIRST mod that every WRX owner should do.
    Last edited by cheeseybacon; 09-16-2005 at 06:39 PM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Registered User CyberneticEmcee's Avatar

Leave me a ring

I have a lot of them in different colors and you'll have them right away. If you are interested just leave me an Email at kamikazikrew@hotmail.com.

Registered User CyberneticEmcee's Avatar

LoL

Man, take it from the Subaru Man. You can still get an atmospheric one. I have the SSQ, I corked it. One thing though. To tell you the truth the WRX likes to be recirculated back into the intake. Believe me it runs a lot better. And I have a BOV sitting here that made my car run good with my FMIC was the TXS RBV34 By Pass Valve. I put the SSQ on and the car really just tries to suck really hard to recieve that air. It is better to have performance instead of Sound.

I have a recirculating kit to add to the SSQ to get it to run back into the intake. I have a lot in stock. That was a great one. Another one that WILL give you sound that I have that is Recirculating is the Hybrid BOV's. I have some they sound nice. I am just a fan of the old SSQ. To me the best sound ever. Hear me atleast a good block away when I'm slow driving.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon
    ah, that sucks. i basicly wanted a bov that didnt have any of the issues/drawbacks that the atmospheric ones did, but made the noise. guess you cant have the best of both worlds huh.

www.sunamiturbo.com
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    thats funny. i might as well roll the window down and make the noise myself. some people may think im crazy though.