"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 384
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; An the cricket noise didnt "appear" after you installed the uppipe? Does it sound more like a chirp when lifting ...

An the cricket noise didnt "appear" after you installed the uppipe?

Does it sound more like a chirp when lifting off the throttle? If so you might need to adjust the BOV. Experiment, just for testing reasons put the stock BPV back on and see if it solves your problem, It'll take you 20 min max.

Sid beat me to it.
    Mods - Perrin Uppipe, Crucial Racing Downpipe, SPT/Bosal Catback, Samco IC Hoses, Cobb Stage 2, K&N Panel, GPMoto Intake Elbow.

www.negativesource.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no i did the uppipe about a year and a half ago. i've switched to softer spring in the bov which makes it blow off really easy. the weird part is under certain throttle/boost conditions it wont blow off at all. it seems like most of the crap that happens is between 2500 and 4500 rpms.

do you think it could be possible to have a slight boost or vacuum leak thats causing this. at idle i have 21" vac with the ac off. 18" with ac on. it seems like it does it more with the ac on than off.

sid
    I've had the hks bov on my car before and under normal usage you really don't need to mess with the internals. I'll say again, to narrow down the problem, put the stock bov back on and drive normally for a few days and see if you still have the same problem. Good luck.

Bypass valve noise

I've got a 2005 STi with abotu 7k miles on it. I have recently started to notice the bypass valve (aka BOV) hissing on ocassion. I've looked and it certainly doesn't look like anything has come loose, but has anyone else had this issue? Actually I'm not sure if its an issue, just something I've noticed.

Arrow greddy BOV question. NEED HELP

sorry, double post.

Arrow greddy BOV question. NEED HELP

i have a greddy rs bov kit for my 04 wrx. if i just bought the type s bov, would it fit on my car with the rs kit?and not just venting, also recirculating. the pictures have the same flange and metal recirculating u pipe i believe. please help me out before i spend some money.

thats easy, dont buy it

go buy yourself an uppipe with a gasket kit. that is worth your money than on some BOV on a stock car. if u want a recirc bov, just use your stocker
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

I have an 05 STi as well with less than 1k miles and I can faintly hear mine, usually when accelerating 1st through 3rd. It's very suddle...but I can hear it.

Chris
    05 Protuned CGM STi

thanks but i didnt ask for an opinion. i have an uppipe already anyway. and ems is comin sometime next month. i just want to know if it will all fit up.

sid
    call greddy and ask them. I'm sure they have a contact # on their website. greddy.com

Yes you should be fine. I have a type s and my friend has a RS and it does look like we could swap over the BOV and use our existing mount. But again as mentioned above its always best to call greddy and ask
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Yeah I used to notice is subtley, but then it became more pronounced. Hmmph, who knows.

Getting a Greddy BOV

Hey was gonna get this BOV. http://www.optionimports.com/grtybloffvak5.html
    Was wondering if anyone had it or what people thought about it? Just asking for some feedback on it before I buy it. Thanks

not worth buying for a stock wrx. get yourself an uppipe and gasket kit instead. at least u get a performance gain over the bov.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.