"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 38
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 790 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138538 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i bought a blitz universal bov... where can i get the adapter for it?...

blitz universal bov

i bought a blitz universal bov... where can i get the adapter for it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: blitz universal bov

Originally posted by awiWRX
    i bought a blitz universal bov... where can i get the adapter for it?
    I'm not sure if you can get the adapter separate, but give Garage SPL a call... http://www.garagespl.com
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I was thinking. If I removed the hose for the recirculation, wouldn't that give me a 100% atmospheric BOV? That being the case If I put a T or Y fitting in there with the open end diameter smaller than the coupled ends wouldn't it act almost like a 50/50BOV? I realize the proportions would probably be off, seeing as how the air is going to take the path of least resistance. Am I way off here or could I be on to something?
    Shane
    Aim Higher Go Navy!
    Platinum Silver 2002 WRX Sedan

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    You can't leave an opening. The turbo will suck unmetered air in and you will run lean.
    You would have to have a check valve (a big one) in there as well. If you are determined to spend money on BOV sound (don't know if you are or not), get a silicon inlet tube. It will give you added power and give you a louder stock recirc BOV.
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

i'm "one of those guys" I got the GFB set 50/50. No performance problems whatsoever...got about 20k miles on it...also you can't be denied warranty coverage because of it (other than they won't cover the valve itself obviously). I tried setting it 100% and it sucked...but 50/50 works great. *I* thing it even cuts down a little turbo lag. You get a much quieter whoosh unless you're running balls out and shifting near redline which is nice because the really loud (100% atm.) whoos gets really old really fast for daily driving. The install's pretty easy too....takes less than 10 minutes if you follow the instructions to the letter and have all the right tools.

oh yeah, i DID try disconnecting the stock BOV and just plugging up the return hose. Works just like a 100% atm. valve. sounds like a truck brake. problem is the car runs like crap with 100% atm.
    Last edited by blarg; 08-04-2002 at 11:53 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

BOV and MBC hose disconnected, got CEL

Hi guys,
    Yestuday I was driving around and passing some cars that where going to slow on the back roads of Maine. I got back to my girlfriends house and I let the car idle for a couple of minutes when I went into her house. I came out and went back into the car and then I noticed that the CEL was on. I read in the manual that when it's on steady that it means there was an error in the emmisions. I drove it around a little bit and noticed that I was getting little boost to my gauge. So I opened the hood and found that the T connector to the BOV and my boost gauge was disconnected!! After the T connection to the guage I also have a T that goes to my MBC. So I think I might have overboosted my engine a couple of times and not knowing it and the BOV probably wasn't operating correctly either. What could have caused the CEL??? I reseted the ECU and the CEL disappeared and I haven't gotten it since. I'am hose clamped that T connector now and it shouldn't come off again.

Thanks for any info, I just like to know if I damaged anything. I think I did, but the CEL scared me.
    WR Blue Perl WRX

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Is the GFB Bov loud? I want it loud enough where I can always hear it when I shift. Also when people can always hear it when I shift. I would still like to keep the 50/50 feature though.

I have the GFB running 50/50 and it's not loud... It's loud enough for ME to hear from the driver's seat - but you're not going to get anybody's attention in the next lane if their windows are up...

If somebody is standing on the side of the road while you're speed-shifting, or if your highway-neighbor has his/her window down and the stereo off they'd probably be able to hear you shift...

I've heard the Blitz and that's WAY louder...

MBC without uppipe

I'd like to put in a MBC but I am not changing the uppipe anytime soon. Has anyone had problems running a MBC with the original uppipe?

not that i've seen. and i've been here for a while.

dR

Nah, you'll be fine!

-Jim

works fine for me...

no problems over here either!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Great, thanks everyone!

Ordered a Joe P today!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.