"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 379
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Trainrex Sorry to hijack here, but will a BOV get me laid? sure it will. just position ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Sorry to hijack here, but will a BOV get me laid?
    sure it will. just position a certain body part in front of where the air vents, and you will feel things that you have never felt b4
    " I'm a bad man"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    doubt it, it may make every 16 year old kid look in the direction of your car and go "damn yo that **** iz turbo!"
    I already get that reaction from this baby...
    16 year old kid impresserator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BangWRX
    well since when are we driving around luxary cars? Its not like a subaru is a benz, these cars are rally cars. I dont think its that big of a deal if someone wants to hear a blowoff valve sound. I like how some of you guys make it out like we are driving s600's. These cars are only $25000 subaru kid cars...
    I'm not driving a rally car. I'm driving a street car.

Quote Originally Posted by BangWRX
    well since when are we driving around luxary cars? Its not like a subaru is a benz, these cars are rally cars. I dont think its that big of a deal if someone wants to hear a blowoff valve sound. Some of you guys make it out like we are driving s600's. These cars are only $25000 subaru kid cars...

These are not rally cars, they're rally inspired cars. They're about as much of a rally car as a go-kart is a motorcycle.

It's bad for your stock vehicle, that's what it comes down to. Knowing that if you choose to do it, you've got nobody to blame but yourself when it causes problems. if you want it purely for the showoff value I'd reccomend a compressed air powered air horn. Much cheaper, much louder. .

Though I do have to admit, I love seeing kids with their only mod being a blowoff valve popping off 14 times just to get into a parking space.

fine..."rally inspired" street car ... better? But that comment about the blowoff valve going off 14 times to get in a parking spot did make me laugh...lol

Ive had mine for about three years and no problems yet

? about worx tuning BOV

I have a worx tuning adjustable BOV set at 50/50 on my 03 wrx. Ive noticed that at WOT between shifts its only a quick pshttt sound.. However like in second or 3rd gear if you slowly accerlerate in vaccum at a low rpm right as the car starts to build boost if you let off the gas you get a loud PPPPSSSSSSSTTTT.. and its longer... Anybody else notice this?? Is it normal?

And i dont want to here any "Get rid of your BOV and put on stock one" comments
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

it's the insane amount of speed the BOV helped you gain influencing the sound traveling to your ears as you are excelerating, kind of like the dopler effect, when you are going slower just rolling on the boost you hear more of the sound. don't worry you will get used to it, and used to stupid answers like this too.

^^^ wtf answer

When there is more boost there is more pressure in the turbo system, so when you let off the gas you get the faster, louder sound. When you are shifting normaly at lower rpms, there is less pressure and you let off the clutch more slowly, and stuff, so you get a longer, lower sound because the BOV vents slower.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

^^^cyincism is hard to relay throught he internet, i know. sorry, i just wasn't in the mood to reply w/ an answer like that.

^^^ Then heres an idea

DONT REPLY AT ALL
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

I have a Worx, and I get the same types of "pssssh."
    N.E. F4
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX

Best BOV for the $$$$$$$$$$ ????!!11111111

omg read teh fcking title!!!11111

if no 1 replyez in teh next hour then im gunna post this in all teh forumzsss!

lolomg JDM 4evar1ssslol!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

? your name explains the way you act
    10" Nike
    Mods- Gel Pad, Shoe Cleaner
    Scooby Dooby Doo

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNub
    ? your name explains the way you act

noob...
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

+1

my CAI is making my car run like crap. should i just crush my stock BOV to fix the problem?

i also connected teh plug under my steering column.

tia.

dR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.