"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 378

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lilneel12 yea, i really do like the sound -so is it covered by warranty if i get ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lilneel12
    yea, i really do like the sound

-so is it covered by warranty if i get it through them and does it degrade performace?
    thanks
    It could degrade performance and can void your Subaru warranty. Do the "snorkus" mod for more intake noise instead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if i see one more bov thread.........
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    if i see one more bov thread.........
    Yeah, I know ... I was trying to be helpful.

if you really want one just get one. If something happens put your stock one back in. It will take a total of 15 minutes to do. Two bolts and a couple hoses and your warranty is still good, easy as that. Let the kid hear the cool noise if he wants, but you should do a search because people are going to get all over you

ive heard you lose gas mileage with it too, so really, there is NOTHING good about a bov.
    unless you have a upgraded turbo.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

BOV w/ stock WRX...

Pros:
    Cool whistle sound.

Cons:
    Car runs rich
    Pauses between shifts
    Idles oddly
    Whistle sound gets annouing after 1hour of it goin off everytime u let off the gas.

What does it mean to run "rich"?
    This means that the fuel injectors have released too much gasoline into the engine.

To answer your next question:
    Why does it cause the car to run "rich."
    When air comes in through the intake it goes passed a sensor know as the MAF. This sensor determines how much air is coming in. Lets say it reads a value of 10 units. (im trying to make the numbers easy). so 10 units flow into the turbo then go to the intercooler , but at the intercooler you have a BOV, so lets say 5 units of air go out and make the cool sound. now you have 5 units left for the engine. so 5 go in, BUT your MAF told your ECU that 10 units were coming. so the engine injected 10 units worth of gas. but you only have 5 units of air. you are now running "rich."

If you want to hear your turbo spool, etc. either do the snorkus mod (doesnt really make any more noise), or replace your Up and Dp like for Stage 2 and you will hear it whistle loudly whenever u give the car gas.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

wow another one, there should be a page that has FAQ's during the process of joining this forum..make it so THEY HAVE TO read it before they are allowed to post.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

sorry i didn't search, but all my questions have been answered,

thanks

if subaru puts it on its still good and i herd they do slow the car down but i cant tell i have hks and i like it but its only 2 bolts and a hose you can do it yourself in 10 min maybe less so i would get a nice one if somthing goes wrong put the stock one on and take it in.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby03
    if subaru puts it on its still good and i herd they do slow the car down but i cant tell i have hks and i like it but its only 2 bolts and a hose you can do it yourself in 10 min maybe less so i would get a nice one if somthing goes wrong put the stock one on and take it in.

Uhh that's great logic, until you stop and realize that A.) techs do this for a living. B.) techs read these boards just like you and I and mofidy cars as well. C.) This isn't a new car, people have found out what causes certain types of issues and what doesn't.

yeah but if the stock valve is on, who is someone to say that an aftermarket caused the problem? If theres no proof its your word and if you dont mind telling a little lie than the warranty should not be effected

Quote Originally Posted by BangWRX
    yeah but if the stock valve is on, who is someone to say that an aftermarket caused the problem? If theres no proof its your word and if you dont mind telling a little lie than the warranty should not be effected

A stock BPV wont cause a cat to break up and wont cause your turbo to eat that. . . that's whats to say an aftermarket bov caused the problem.

People get caught in lies and there are ways to see if a BOV's been taken off. . .as I said before techs do this for a living, they can tell when people have been in poking around and changing what they shouldn't be.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to hijack here, but will a BOV get me laid?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Sorry to hijack here, but will a BOV get me laid?
    doubt it, it may make every 16 year old kid look in the direction of your car and go "damn yo that **** iz turbo!"

well since when are we driving around luxary cars? Its not like a subaru is a benz, these cars are rally cars. I dont think its that big of a deal if someone wants to hear a blowoff valve sound. I like how some of you guys make it out like we are driving s600's. These cars are only $25000 subaru kid cars...