"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 375

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; you guys should find the WRX duck call video. that is hilarious. they put a duck call whistle on the ...

you guys should find the WRX duck call video. that is hilarious. they put a duck call whistle on the end of the BOV and goes to town! i found another where they put a turkey call on a BOV and that was even more funny!

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/duckcallcar.html

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....62DAE06131&p=0
    Last edited by IronMedic; 08-08-2005 at 10:28 AM.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MA: Turbo-XS Type-H BOV for sale

I just put the Worx back on, and everything is back to normal. I decided not to mess with the Type-H spring.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Which Forge BOV?

I've looked on Forge's website but I can't figure out which is the right one for an '02 WRX.

Also, does Forge make a BOV where you can choose if it's atmospheric or recirc or do I have to choose which one I want to buy?

Thats AWESOME!

did you try flusing your turbo coolant?

i would play around with whatever adjustment levels it has until it works fine. i doubt without a bigger turbo it will run at 100% perfect.

Here ya go.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...ighlight=forge

You asked the same question in this thread on 2/6/03. Guess you didn't get one then.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Very Quick BOV Question...

If I were to buy a HKS SSQ BOV without the WRX-specific flange, could I still install it properly? Is the factory flange reusable with this application? I'm confused, here...

Unless you are able to find a WRX-specific flange to go with it, you're out of luck. If I recall correctly, the factory bypass valve and flange are all one peice.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

03 wrx and BOV

ok im just curious, if i buy a bov for my 03 wrx, is there a special kit i need for it? or can i just get the bov itself and have it installed? Also someone told me that 03 wrx's dont even allow aftermarket bov's so just curious

It's not that WRXs don't allow the usage of aftermarket BOVs (they do), it's just that they often times do more harm than good. Some consider them as nothing more than an expensive, performance-sapping noise maker. Do a search, this subject has already been beaten to death.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

for the price of one of those things, u can get yourself a nice uppipe with a gasket kit.........i dont understand why people see BOV's as a "must have". please just do a search on this forum about BOV's before u do buy one.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

stock bov

does the stock bov ever actually blow off....i know it recirculates but latley ive been hearing alot of pss sounds, like every min or so. very dumb question but im completly new. thanks

You can actually hear it working occasionally...I found I could hear it during cool times of the day. Take the out the intake silencer and you can hear it much more loudly.
    ericmarkpaul: i pooed myself last night while i was sleeping!

Quote Originally Posted by IronMedic
    you guys should find the WRX duck call video. that is hilarious. they put a duck call whistle on the end of the BOV and goes to town! i found another where they put a turkey call on a BOV and that was even more funny!

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/duckcallcar.html

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....62DAE06131&p=0
    Now that **** is funny lol

dude most likley compressor surge..i ended up taking mine out for that reason and putting on the stocker...i have a forge and my rex just wasnt liking it in any setup...i tried one,two and even three shims with the green spring and still i got that weird noise soo i just took it out ....now the noise is gone heheheh