"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 372
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; as far as i know there is only one locking bolt on the side of the bov which holds the ...

as far as i know there is only one locking bolt on the side of the bov which holds the top section on. it is threaded as i'm sure you know and can be tight. it is spring loaded so be careful when you're taking it off...
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks, it it by the base?
    N.E. F4
    Mods

no, there are 3 screws i beleive by the base but they hold the wrx adapter flange to the bov. make sure those are tight.
    if you look toward the top of the bov you'll see a seam... kind of in the middle of the bov but maybe a little more toward the top... i dont remember exactly. somewhere on that there is another set screw there which holds the top of the bov onto the rest of it. this is the part you want to deal with. make sure that set screw is loose or out and you'll need to unthread the top part of the bov. this is the part that is spring loaded so be careful that it doesnt launch off at you.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

why bother recirculating with a custom tune and big turbo? is that just what you had when they tuned?

isn't it more efficient when running that much boost to just let it vent to the atmosphere? if it's trying to recirc though tiny hoses, i imagine that's a big of a bottleneck in the system, and maybe why you're surging...

dR

I finally got it off! I was being a little stupid. Now I just gotta clip the spring. If I mess it up, the Worx goes back on.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

I know taht Ive read to stay away from after market BOVs and that was my plan. But I plan on going with a bigger turbo so I want to upgrade to be safe and I found a Forge 100% for a really good price.
    Last edited by PolarisSnT; 08-04-2005 at 12:40 AM.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

The first page is so funny, I can imagine all those noobs talking among them about BOV in a parking lot.

JoBamBo,
    Here is what I say you should do. If you want just BOV sound that you wanna hear. THen do this.
    Instead of spending 200+ on BOV, I dont know why you would spend so much money when this item wont be help full at all at stock level power. Spend that money wisely so you can hear you stock BOV and make power.

1) Take out the Intake resonator = Free. you will start hearing your BOV. You can even start hearing your BOV today. Makes around 3-4 hp.
    2) Intercooler Hoses = $80 - $100. This will also Increase your stock BOV sound and make power average of 5-7hp. This will help you make power later when you have more mods.
    3) Turbo Inlet. $150-$200. This is Defenately going to Increase you BOV , a lot more. and make power 7-8 hp. This will also help you make more power later when you more mods.

4) I dont recommend this but you can take out the hose that is connecting to your BOV to the stock turbo inlet and put a cap where the opening is on the turbo inlet. Drive around for a while and enjoy the sound and put it back. our cars already runs really rich from the factory. I dont know the exact number but its around (9.5-9.8):1. So, I dont think you wanna run any richer than that.
    Last edited by lk9865; 08-04-2005 at 09:31 AM.

help, anyone?

is that under load or at idle? im trying to figure out if i am running too rich with my stage 2 kit. i will have to run another dashboard setup to determine it. my A/F is sorta up there while cruising but i bet it is safer than running lean
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Have you checked out the Worx BOV? You can set it to 100, 75, 50, and 25% atmoshperic. Not to mention set it to 100% recirculating. I plan on getting one eventually.
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

gad dang newbs... just do it if you like the sound. just know that you are slow and shouldn't be blowing off on the faster guys who are quiet. and you really sound like idiots if you are blowing off with an otherwise stock car. (a stock wrx with blow off valve was blowing off on me like a few weeks ago while me and my friend were laughing and pointing)

it does nothing good for performance, you run rich between shifts and the car hesitates slightly when you get back on the gas. this usually results in a flame out the back if you are catless. but ultimately you are slower and you make lots of noise. but do it if you want. it is fun to have.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    ill end this..

hks with recirculating kit

ended
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

Quote Originally Posted by T_ReX
    is it me or does it seem impossible to get the c-clip between the flange and bov even with the circlip pliers?
    it is impossible i cut myself a lot
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

^^ Why the h*ll would you do that if your just gonna end up recirculating it. You wont even be able to hear it. Plain stupid if you ask me
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    ^^ Why the h*ll would you do that if your just gonna end up recirculating it. You wont even be able to hear it. Plain stupid if you ask me
    yup, and stock is still best.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.