"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 371
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by JoBamBo Any one know how the forge sounds when its vented back into the intake? Personnally, i ...

Quote Originally Posted by JoBamBo
    Any one know how the forge sounds when its vented back into the intake? Personnally, i just need some kind of noise coming out, let it be loud or not. Also, another question, if i get a Silencer delete kit, the one with the elbow without the resonator, will it still have the same sound as just getting air from the fender?
    Forge is one of the better blow off valves, that has been known to cause less problems. I have actually never read any post about someone complaining about the Forge 100% Atmos. BOV causing problems on their car.

There haven't been any clips of the Forge Recirc. BOV, but the guys from Forge say it will be noticeably louder than stock, but not as loud as the atmospheric on. Here's a sound clip of the Forge Atmospheric.
    http://www.stratmosphere.com/WRXAtmoSmall.wav

As for the silencer delete, you will definately be able to hear it inside the car if the music is off and the windows are up. You can't really hear it from outside the car, though. If you just want a little bit of sound and just want to hear the BPV, then you'll be happy with this. It's just not that loud. And don't waste your money on an elbow - just pull the whole thing up, and plug the fender hole with something if your don't want any hot air from the engine bay to go to the fender well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by keaniegenie
    If this blow off valve is 100% recirculated, what is the purpose?
    The purpose would be so you can run higher boost. Since the stock Bypass valve is only good for about 18-20 PSI, so getting a recirculating BOV would be a good idea.

Most people that have a recirculation blow off valve don't really do it for the sound.

The way i see it, if i get one that blows back into the intake, there is no way it can damage my car.

For some reason, the only bov i could find is the greddy type S. I can not find the Forge one with a revent. kit anywhere.

i just thought ide let you know im running the greddy, atmospheric and have no problems with it............
    whats a signature?

and ide rather spend the money on my bov. the uppipe cat can be easily removed for free... and bam there is your uppipe
    whats a signature?

i think ill do it today if i can find time

sure the pipe may be removed for free but are u gonna get an aftermarket one for free?
    good luck with it..just remember not every car reacts the same to a BOV. seems like most new people to the WRX tends to put a BOV on there first as a "mod".
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

what you could have gleaned from all those "junk" bov threads is a pretty much unanimous feelign here, and at every other impreza/WRX club, that BOVs are a stupid modification if you're really interested in the health of your car, or going fast.

don't waste your money.

when you end up with a new turbo, and a giant FMIC, start thinking about how yuo're going to hold the extra boost with a new BOV. otherwise, FORGET IT.

dR

I Support ClubWRX
    For $200, I'll ride around with you and make PSSSSSSHHHHHTTTTTT sounds between shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    For $200, I'll ride around with you and make PSSSSSSHHHHHTTTTTT sounds between shifts.
    ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex

Do you accept paypal?

And what blow off valves could you immitate? RFL, HKS, GReddy?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue EJ20 WRX
    Do you accept paypal?

And what blow off valves could you immitate? RFL, HKS, GReddy?
    Cash only, and I can PSSSSSSHHHHTTTT with the best of em!!!

got hks bov but it look weird

hey guys i orderd my hks bov and i got it in today but i have gone thru like 4 of these with my past car and i noticed this one does not have a screw in the back to make the spring stiffer or softer, is this bad?
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    what you could have gleaned from all those "junk" bov threads is a pretty much unanimous feelign here, and at every other impreza/WRX club, that BOVs are a stupid modification if you're really interested in the health of your car, or going fast.

don't waste your money.

when you end up with a new turbo, and a giant FMIC, start thinking about how yuo're going to hold the extra boost with a new BOV. otherwise, FORGET IT.

dR

the only option is to let people learn the hard way. i learned from other people's input on here so i am staying away. a performance shop actually told me to stay away from them even though they sold em LOL!
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Hey, anyone know how to get the damn thing opened? I can only get it to move a milimeter before something stops it. I removed the two nuts that are on the side of it, to no avail.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.