"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 370

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; sweet thanks, oh yea do you have a picture of it or do you think you could find one because ...

sweet thanks, oh yea do you have a picture of it or do you think you could find one because the only way i would know how big to get is to take the IC off and all of that and then i would have to put it back on just to go to the store lol. If its not to much trouble just the demensions would be nice, well and a pic lol

thanks again pal

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is what i have, i had to tighten it down quite a bit but it works.
    http://www.homedepot.com/
    go to the search bar in the upper right hand corner and where it says keyword or item # put 539625.

Hopefully that helps you.
    Last edited by Damien83; 07-31-2005 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitakerSTi
    performence wise its going to make your car run rich in between shifts because your spitting air back into the intake
    With a 100% recirculation Blow off valve, you air is being sent back into the intake tract just like stock. There for, it won't cause you to run rich. But with a 100% Atmospheric blow off valve, the air is being vented. When the metered air gets vented, the ECU doesn't know to compensate the fuel for the lost air, causing you to run rich for a moment.

JoBamBo,

I don't know about the Type-H, but the Forge Recirculating blow off valve is something you should check out. Most people don't even have many problems with the Forge Atmospheric, and the Recirculating BOV will be even better. The go for pretty cheap, too.

thanks a lot man ill do that as soon as i get off work tom.

LMFAO!!!

Blind ignorance > anything.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

i just did mine on saturday and didn't have a problem. but i have a question. htf do you hook up the recirc on this bov? are you supposed to Y pipe that vacuum hose that goes into the bov and hook the other end into that intake pipe (that is currently plugged)?

If this blow off valve is 100% recirculated, what is the purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue EJ20 WRX
    With a 100% recirculation Blow off valve, you air is being sent back into the intake tract just like stock. There for, it won't cause you to run rich. But with a 100% Atmospheric blow off valve, the air is being vented. When the metered air gets vented, the ECU doesn't know to compensate the fuel for the lost air, causing you to run rich for a moment.

JoBamBo,

I don't know about the Type-H, but the Forge Recirculating blow off valve is something you should check out. Most people don't even have many problems with the Forge Atmospheric, and the Recirculating BOV will be even better. The go for pretty cheap, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoBamBo
    I am planning on getting a BOV that will be Vented Back into the intake. The TurboXS type H is one of them i believe. Now, i want to make 100% sure that this will act exactly the the stock one other then giving my car a cold (ahhhhhhhpsst)
    Unless there's been a design change, the Type H is 100% atmospheric. I'm still having surge problems with mine.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Let me know how it goes.

Whats the point of a bov on a stock engine? sound of course. I want to hear a small sneeze when i shift. Anyone have any experiance with these type of bovs?

well i ask same question as JoBamBo too, also ya saying 100% atmo is not good, and a bov that recalculate is better???

Quote Originally Posted by whitakerSTi
    Ok, i just did a search and found out everything i needed to know about this in detail especially from godspeed and midknight's postings about them. BOV's, if that is your only mod...is worthless...if you want to drop 200 some on a nice dual vent hybrid bov for the sound then go right ahead....performence wise its going to make your car run rich in between shifts because your spitting air back into the intake...but people put stickers on their car all the time and I hear that adds 15hp so it might give you some gains . My recommendation is to wait until you get a cobb accesport and the full exhaust and tune it that way first and then ask the professional if he recommends on getting one because the stock one you have is perfect...especially if you arent yanking out the turbo and putting a bigger one in anyway.
    he specifally said i dont care what u think.... he obviously knows it doesnt ad hp,...................................... but ya, greddy makes a 100% recircalatory kit... but u have to have an intake or remove ur silencer to hear it at all. i bought that, but i ended up just running it atmospheric
    whats a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by JoBamBo
    Whats the point of a bov on a stock engine? sound of course. I want to hear a small sneeze when i shift. Anyone have any experiance with these type of bovs?

dude ill be perfectly honest with u...if u wanna get a good sounding BOV, stick with stock. i am running a perrin short ram intake and it makes my stock BOV loud. check my sig for all my details of what i am using. whether short ram's are good or not, i bought it and never had an issue. people have issues with BOV's all the time. BOV's are for high boosting turbos where the stock BOV cant handle it. trust me, if u want to get a good sound without having to deal with BOV issues, just get a perrin short ram. the perrin short ram has the least amount of issues with the ECU. just reset your ECU while u are doing the install and then reconnect your battery afterwards. i ran just my perrin short ram with everything else stock and my BOV sounded awesome.
    when i am running hard and i shift, my stock BOV sounds off. if u really want the sound of a BOV, just get the short ram (not cold air) and skip the aftermarket BOV's. for the price of a BOV, u can get yourself a good uppipe with a gasket kit. i only spent like $110 on my perrin intake.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Any one know how the forge sounds when its vented back into the intake? Personnally, i just need some kind of noise coming out, let it be loud or not. Also, another question, if i get a Silencer delete kit, the one with the elbow without the resonator, will it still have the same sound as just getting air from the fender?

if u get a bov, u will end up complaining how it sucks and screws up your car like everyone else does. my advice is to learn from everyone else's mistakes. just go get an uppipe with gaskets and make your car worth something
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.