"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 369

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok i can not hear the bov that good and i want to see how rough it runs with the ...

Question Greddy Type S bov ques. . .

Ok i can not hear the bov that good and i want to see how rough it runs with the recirculation hose off. The reason i am starting this thread is because i am not sure if i have to tie off the hose that i pull off or what? It seems to me that i would have an intake leak if i left it open but i have no clue maybe you guys know more than me.

Thanks,
    Jake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't recirc on my legacy, it just bogs a little after a hard shift at wot. Bottom little hose goes to the intake side of the turbo, top little hose goes to the manifold, then you have to adjust the top screw. You will need to plug the hole in the intake where you are recircing to tho otherwise the car is really gonna run like crap.

thats what my main question is, what do i use to plug it?

You could prolly find something homedepot..
    My friend found a plug there....just a thought..

good luck!.
    04 Pearl Black STi-
    GT35R...

*88 Mustang Foxbody-
    Not Stock!!=475RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Get some kneepads and open your mouth

Yeh, i have a rubber plug on mine. Got it from the hardware store in the plumbing section. Its a rubber cap with a clamp around it. Don't use duct tape lol

Now........ I've received this BOV in the mail and installed it. I noticed that there was no gasket with it. There wasn't one in the stock one either when I removed it. Is it me or metal on metal leak?? Do I need to make a gasket for it? The only reason I noticed was because at full throttle, the boost dropped in the gauge. Is this normal?? Does the actual valve part of it leak or could it be the fact there is no gasket between the two surfaces? I tightened both bolts snug with caution. I didn't come with a cap for that hose that goes back into the turbo. I took care of that hose with a rubber plug and installed the BOV . It also sputters in low boost. Is that common?? Is that where these washers come in handy?? I only paid $60 bucks for it. The stock BPV is in mint condition and I can put it back if thr new BOV does't cut it. Thanks guys for your thoughts.

I think if it was a leak from a lack of gasket, it would make noise (maybe a screaching noise).
    -02 WRX w/built 2.5
    -Stage 4+FMIC
    -STI RA gearset

Tial BOV sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Mars
    Now........ I've received this BOV in the mail and installed it. I noticed that there was no gasket with it. There wasn't one in the stock one either when I removed it. Is it me or metal on metal leak?? Do I need to make a gasket for it? The only reason I noticed was because at full throttle, the boost dropped in the gauge. Is this normal?? Does the actual valve part of it leak or could it be the fact there is no gasket between the two surfaces? I tightened both bolts snug with caution. I didn't come with a cap for that hose that goes back into the turbo. I took care of that hose with a rubber plug and installed the BOV . It also sputters in low boost. Is that common?? Is that where these washers come in handy?? I only paid $60 bucks for it. The stock BPV is in mint condition and I can put it back if thr new BOV does't cut it. Thanks guys for your thoughts.
    Did you check the stock BPV for the gasket? Usually when you remove it the gasket sticks to the stock BPV, not the IC. Just a thought...

Im tired of the same BOV Question, heres another one =)

I just bought a WRX yesterday, has a whooping 228 miles on it. I am starting to think of mods, but mainly all bolt ones. Quick BOV Question. I searched alot of bov threads and all of them are complete junk. I really dont want to hear what you "think" i want to hear what you "know" Please no "Ive read... My friend says... This website says..."

I am planning on getting a BOV that will be Vented Back into the intake. The TurboXS type H is one of them i believe. Now, i want to make 100% sure that this will act exactly the the stock one other then giving my car a cold (ahhhhhhhpsst)

Also, if anyone has any other recommandations on BOV please do tell.

one other thing is it really bad when you shift at wot with no recirc.? Is is very tolerable, tolerable or annoying?

thanks again

No, its not that bad when you shift. I tend to get a good sized flame coming out the exhaust but you shouldnt have any problems. Best thing to do is to try it and find out. Rubber plug from the hardware store will probably run you about 2 or 3 dollars, not a big loss if you do decide to go back to recirculating.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK..I know you'be been here way to long not to be able to use the search function. Stop being lazy.......
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    OK..I know you'be been here way to long not to be able to use the search function. Stop being lazy.......
    yes suir, i bought the hks P
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

Ok, i just did a search and found out everything i needed to know about this in detail especially from godspeed and midknight's postings about them. BOV's, if that is your only mod...is worthless...if you want to drop 200 some on a nice dual vent hybrid bov for the sound then go right ahead....performence wise its going to make your car run rich in between shifts because your spitting air back into the intake...but people put stickers on their car all the time and I hear that adds 15hp so it might give you some gains . My recommendation is to wait until you get a cobb accesport and the full exhaust and tune it that way first and then ask the professional if he recommends on getting one because the stock one you have is perfect...especially if you arent yanking out the turbo and putting a bigger one in anyway.