"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 367

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; There should be a waiting period of a few months after joining before someone could post. I lurked for a ...

There should be a waiting period of a few months after joining before someone could post. I lurked for a long time before I even joined.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a good diagnosis too me. I'm not familiar with Blitz BOV's and how too adjust the tension though.
    -02 WRX w/built 2.5
    -Stage 4+FMIC
    -STI RA gearset

dood, i hear cars that do that all the time. its the coolest sound in the world. leave it

Do up and down at the same time. If you're into ebay, the ERZ combo is a great option. You will notice a HUGE power difference.

Maybe your stock filter was really dirty and thats why your intake seems better. It could also be from all the extra turbo noise .

BTW, I'm not BOV hating but I would send that BOV back before you even put it on your car. (Might have a better chance of getting your money back if it's in the packaging. If you want the sound try a GFB 50/50, a Greddy, or HKS. I've had first hand experience with all of these...My friend bought an Ebay BOV once, a Greddy knock-off. It was horible, his car ran bad, it was weak, and he didn't even get the show-off valve sound.
    -02 WRX w/built 2.5
    -Stage 4+FMIC
    -STI RA gearset

The only problem with that is someone could be very knowligable of subarus and just not have joined a forum yet. Or they could even be a senior member on another WRX forum. Yeah I researched alot too. I hate when boards won't let you search without joining.
    -02 WRX w/built 2.5
    -Stage 4+FMIC
    -STI RA gearset

Quote Originally Posted by WRXskier
    The only problem with that is someone could be very knowligable of subarus and just not have joined a forum yet. Or they could even be a senior member on another WRX forum.

I didn't think about that. Oh well I guess the millions of BOV/CAI threads aren't that bad. I mean no one is forced to read the thread. Maybe we should just boycot(sp?) them and ignore them.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    +1
    +2...stick with stock bpv

take that shyt off and put the stock bov back on, thats how u fix that
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Yep I cant help either. But I dont think you will get much response. There are not a lot of members with BOVs let alone that can help. I would do a search to see if you find anything or try NASIOC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer519

p.s. i know about how BOV's hurt WRX's so thanks anyway. lol
    I know the BOV will cause my WRX to run like isht, but how do I make it run well?

FWIW: I have the Forge 100% atmospheric BOV and have been running it for 1 year with no problems, when I went to get my car tuned they said everything was perfect. I remeber reading somewhere (maybee one of the stickys) that the Forge 100% atmospheric was one of the only like that that don't seem to cause any problems.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy
    FWIW: I have the Forge 100% atmospheric BOV and have been running it for 1 year with no problems, when I went to get my car tuned they said everything was perfect. I remeber reading somewhere (maybee one of the stickys) that the Forge 100% atmospheric was one of the only like that that don't seem to cause any problems.
    ive heard that too, that the forge 100% is of the few that dont usually cause problems on the rex. the other one i believe is the worx valve. that also seems to be of high quality.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I gained 40 hp at the wheels when i ripped off my intercooler and replaced it with a ham sandwich.

dR

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    I gained 40 hp at the wheels when i ripped off my intercooler and replaced it with a ham sandwich.

dR
    how much for the ham sandwich shipped to 98445?

TXS Type-H compressor surge

Hey, I have a TXS Type-H BOV that's causing compressor surge with my 18G. I had a Worx BOV before that caused less of it, but I got the TXS hoping it would rid me of surge. I have no washers in there, so I'm thinking that a softer spring might help. Does anyone know how to get one, or if it will even help? Thanks.
    N.E. F4
    Mods