"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 366
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Actually im pretty sure it is the txs rfl bov. Their was a post not too long ago about this ...

Actually im pretty sure it is the txs rfl bov. Their was a post not too long ago about this video and either ivan himself or someone that knows him said that it was the txs rfl. At first i thought it was the hks ssq as well
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea i thought it sounded like the RFL and not the SSQV.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXmex
    Actually im pretty sure it is the txs rfl bov. Their was a post not too long ago about this video and either ivan himself or someone that knows him said that it was the txs rfl. At first i thought it was the hks ssq as well
    I'm not sure about the video in this thread because it won't play for me. But the RFL-Ti video on worldoneperformance is the HKS.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...t=ivan%27s+bov

Quote Originally Posted by Blue EJ20 WRX
    I'm not sure about the video in this thread because it won't play for me. But the RFL-Ti video on worldoneperformance is the HKS.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...t=ivan%27s+bov
    that does not sound like the HKS one, is it the super sequental one or a different one, cause i have the HKS on my wrx and it sounds nothing like that, that one sounds similar to the blitz one i used to have

Quote Originally Posted by scoobytime
    that does not sound like the HKS one, is it the super sequental one or a different one, cause i have the HKS on my wrx and it sounds nothing like that, that one sounds similar to the blitz one i used to have
    Like Phreeze said, it doesn't always have that high pitched squeek. It could be possible due to different inserts, more boost, or maybe even a recirculation kit.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by WorldONE
    ITs an HKS SSQ BOV

Final Answer...

Even Garret from WorldOne says it's the HKS.
    Last edited by Blue EJ20 WRX; 07-27-2005 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer519
    it sounds like " brrr-rrrr" like a horse.......

ahahah lmao sorry that just sounded so funny to me
    good luck.
    Mods:
    -De-badged
    -Helix Uppipe
    -Bosal Downpipe
    -HKS Hi Power Cat Back exhaust
    -Blitz Dual TT DCII
    -STi Replica Front Strut Bar
    -STi Replica Rear Strut Bar
    -Blitz Dual EBC Spec S
    -Utec

It's scientific fact...round house kicks are primarily made of a substance known as chucktanium.

lol, im sorry man. i get the image in my head of you pulling up to the line and revving with Mr. Ed under the hood venting your intake pressure.

(um, so this post isnt worthless....try checking all the hoses and what not, and if all fails, call Blitz. or you could always go for performance and throw the stocker back on.)

atmosphere bov

So I was kind of bored today so I took off my bov and got the stock one to run full atmosphere. It is definately an interesting sound. It sounds soo much better when under no boost. To my surprise the car never stalled. The rpms would dip really low, but the engine never cut out. I'll be riding like this for today and tomorrow then i'm putting it back to recirculate. The car doesn't react as nice and everything seems to feel a little more rough with the bov venting out. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't ever run a full atmosphere without full standalone EM. I might give one of the 50/50 bovs a shot. Let me know which ones't you've tried and your reaction to them and how the car ran.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    +1
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

i believe the answer is lol

sorry i dunno

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Why are there so many BOV threads? Does anyone read the stickies?
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

when you sign up for this site you should be forced to read all the stickies before you are able to join.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

br3ez I totally agree with you and have thought about that before. Perhaps new members could take a test before they are allowed to start new threads. It would even be ok to let them post, but not be able to just jump on the site and start new threads.

I guess I'm considered a Noob as well because I don't have alot of posts...but it's prob because I spend 10x more time searching, reading, and working on my car then I do by asking questions and starting new threads.

Almost anything you could ever want to know about WRX's can be found by searching this site.
    -02 WRX w/built 2.5
    -Stage 4+FMIC
    -STI RA gearset

sjs0433, to seriosuly answer your question...people have had good results with the GFB 50/50 setups. Myself, the ricer that I am, have ran a Greddy type-s without many problems. That is a good option because you can recirculate it.
    -02 WRX w/built 2.5
    -Stage 4+FMIC
    -STI RA gearset

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.